Punaweb Forum
Woman's body found off Kalapana - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Woman's body found off Kalapana (/showthread.php?tid=11992)

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - Punatickz - 01-10-2014

@seekingforanswers: I whole-heartedly agree that both families have got to work together and get this community involved. And guess what? The online community overwhelmingly agrees! I posted the story of Bo and Britts murder to an online forum of people that help investigate unsolved crimes, and the number one responses were that the families need to work together, involve the local community, hire private investigators, and continue pressuring local police. Those were the top answers.

All of those answers were pretty much exactly what I expected, and given the reputation of local police, it is perhaps the ONLY way to truly solve this crime.

quote:
Originally posted by kohaladiver808

www.bigislandchronicle.com/.../letters-br...
not sure that's it exactly... yes, I've lived here most of my life and am quite familiar with the tactics of disposal here. I've followed this story from the morning I heard the news. it bothers me beyond description for a variety of reasons. just beyond sickening, all of it. could very well be a coincidence, but seems very odd that this persons comment could be so accurate 3 months ago..

Big shaka for finding it and sharing it with the community and the victims family.

I found other comments online by this same user and he has had online discussions directly with one of the suspects mentioned in the anonymous letter sent to big island chronicle. It's circumstantial, of course, as with most things in this insane case. Scary stuff man...

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - kohaladiver808 - 01-10-2014

somewhat bizarre this posting in the Big Island Chronicle back in October:

greg owen on October 10, 2013 at 11:58 am
No act BB,the cops are doing their job……the murderer could be hanging from a tree in the jungle by a clothesline rope-self inflicted-whoever he is…and if kalapana ed elrath is to be believed he talked with b.johnson the day after her body was found…keep that in mind.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
.... sounds a bit like someone who wanted "the murderer" to be found.. they even offered up "possible" locations to look for "the murderer".. they somehow knew he would have committed suicide by way of hanging?! huh? and then needed to remind us of the "supposed phone call" from Ed.... hmm...if you really analyze his comment it's loaded with information.. but it could all just be a coincidence I guess... time will tell.. I don't think this one is gonna go away or get covered up...

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - Littrell - 01-10-2014

It may not have been the same lava tour guide that Bo and Brittany had conflicts with, but to me that is still suspicious!!
And I think that's a REALLY INTERESTING Theory Bananahead. It's just that easy??
maybe that's what the person(s) who did this to both of them! wanted you, and so many others to think that as well. But by the grace of god Brittany was found! Theres so many things that don't add up! EVERYONE NEEDS TO KEEP aTHIS STORY ALIVE!! Justice please prevail, 2014 bring us the answers! Most of all, Justice to the families! Bo I love and miss you your in my heart all the time!

Although the lava boat operator is not implicated in doing anything wrong whatsoever, in any fair investigation it's worth speculating about the owner of another lava tour company that was directly involved with the discovery of Brittanys body. After all, there is direct evidence (text messages from Ruth Johnson) that indicates Bo and Britt were threatened by a different local lava tour company that demands bribes from all other tour operators, including boat tours. Considering Bo and Brittany were about to buy a parcel of land that had MUCH closer access to the lava flow than ANY of the other companies, including the company that controls the others, all of this is something that would be more seriously investigated in a murder as controversial as this one.

On that topic, are police following this forum? Seems to me like a lot of the comments would be taken into evidence by a serious investigative effort: pics of the text messages about the lava tour operator, the yelp complaints by guests witnessing his violent behavior, testimony given by Bo's sister and
Brittany's Mom, etc etc etc. If I was a detective, I'd be viewing this forum and taking notes everyday.

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - seekingforanswers - 01-10-2014

Ted, maybe you could answer when Brittany landed in Hawaii prior to meeting Bo? Did you know any of her friends/acquaintances?

quote:
Originally posted by kohaladiver808

somewhat bizarre this posting in the Big Island Chronicle back in October:

greg owen on October 10, 2013 at 11:58 am
No act BB,the cops are doing their job……the murderer could be hanging from a tree in the jungle by a clothesline rope-self inflicted-whoever he is…and if kalapana ed elrath is to be believed he talked with b.johnson the day after her body was found…keep that in mind.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
.... sounds a bit like someone who wanted "the murderer" to be found.. they even offered up "possible" locations to look for "the murderer".. they somehow knew he would have committed suicide by way of hanging?! huh? and then needed to remind us of the "supposed phone call" from Ed.... hmm...if you really analyze his comment it's loaded with information.. but it could all just be a coincidence I guess... time will tell.. I don't think this one is gonna go away or get covered up...

No you are right. And the implication that the rope that was used was the same one from the campsite? I'm telling you, there's several levels of "weird" when it comes to that one short statement. Also consider the fact that the author of that comment has been directly communicating online with one of the suspects listed in the "anonymous letter" sent to Big Island Chronicle, and it's getting beyond weird. Like I said before, toooooo frightening of a coincidence really.

The people involved in this crime should understand something right now:

If you are in anyway involved with the murder of Boaz Johnson, Brittany Royal, and their unborn child, you might want to start considering talking with your uncles, cousins, co-conspirators, lawyers, whoever, and start stepping forth to take blame before local reputations are stained. Whoever did this seriously underestimated the tenacity of both families, as well as underestimating the local community that is SICK of bodies popping up in Puna.

Whether It's Boaz Johnson in that tree or not, no one is going to believe he hung himself, and your cover-up has FAILED. It has failed since day one. The supposed "phone call" was a good try, and the hostel false alarm ALMOST worked. Give you props for dividing the families, but now most of them highly doubt Bo was the murderer. Oh, the planted backpack, the wallet (including full identification!), and the personal cell phone? Geez, way, way too much effort really, but, ehhhh, I could see that being hastily done by someone trying way too hard to frame someone they just killed (Boaz
Johnson)

And even worse, hanging the body by a tree in nearby kipuka? Bravo, bravo! Too bad people that live here see right through the theatrics! Same old, same old, just another covered-up murder that may take a decade of pain and suffering to eventually solve, but it WILL be solved, possibly very soon!

Better start confessing. The national media attention that has come to this case is just the tip of the iceberg, according to family members. Much more are now coming, and talk of FBI officials coming seem to be true. It's about to go down, and whoever is associated in this murder needs to be seriously concerned with saving the reputation of their family, friends, and their community.

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - Britts MOM - 01-10-2014

Seekingforanswers: did you personally know Brittany? Bo?

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - hikatz - 01-11-2014

You can see from the original Punaweb post how many people have read, speculated and posted on this topic. PROBLEM, this is just a fraction of the population living in Puna, which is estimated at over 45,000
Even though many of us are following this tragedy, there are still too many who do not know these local Puna related forums exist. (although I believe whoever is/was responsible for this crime is aware of the sites)
A large majority of the population here, do not take the local paper, have limited tv, internet questionable, it's just the way of life here.
I do think the idea of a reward through Kickstarter or another fundraiser website is a good idea. This murder has touched us all and we also want Justice for Brittany, Bo and the Baby. If the reward is large enough it may bring results.
I like Mitch Roth, he has a good reputation and is fair, it looks like he has gathered a good team around him. He also kept a promise he made during his 2012 campaign, arresting Dawn Gambsky's husband for her murder (5 years we have been waiting!)