Punaweb Forum
Sign waving Rally at Hilo Air. Tues. 9-19 3-5pm - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Sign waving Rally at Hilo Air. Tues. 9-19 3-5pm (/showthread.php?tid=18767)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Sign waving Rally at Hilo Air. Tues. 9-19 3-5pm - Slow Walker - 09-22-2017

[quote]Originally posted by TomK

PaulW claimed:

"The helicopter complaints are not about noise. Cars and motorbikes and coquis make far more noise.
It is really about a number of factors including spite, jealousy, paranoia and stupidity.
"

So the problem I have with helicopter noise has nothing to do with noise and is due to spite, jealousy and paranoia instead? Thanks for summarising things so succinctly.

We might consider doing something like they have discussed in East Hampton.
Instead of using college students,the burglars and vehicle thieves could be used for cannon fodder.
There could be multiple launch sites throughout Puna since burglars and vehicle thieves are in rampant supply.

All ticket money collected could go to the subdivisions for road maintenance to be wasted as usual or paid to the lawyers for protection from the landowners.

http://www.danspapers.com/2014/11/east-hampton-to-ticket-helicopter-pilots-in-flight/

RE: Sign waving Rally at Hilo Air. Tues. 9-19 3-5pm - PaulW - 09-22-2017

How many helicopters do you get per day, average? Do you consider it excessive? Unreasonable?

RE: Sign waving Rally at Hilo Air. Tues. 9-19 3-5pm - MarkD - 09-22-2017

From PaulW: The helicopter complaints are not about noise...It is really about a number of factors including spite, jealousy, paranoia and stupidity.

Spite, jealousy, paranoia are not enough, you had to add stupidity?

RE: Sign waving Rally at Hilo Air. Tues. 9-19 3-5pm - glinda - 09-22-2017

quote:
Originally posted by MarkD

Spite, jealousy, paranoia are not enough, you had to add stupidity?
He couldn't help himself, his superiority complex got the best of him.

RE: Sign waving Rally at Hilo Air. Tues. 9-19 3-5pm - PaulW - 09-22-2017

Different people have different reasons. Some people have no reason at all.

RE: Sign waving Rally at Hilo Air. Tues. 9-19 3-5pm - TomK - 09-22-2017

But you have been very specific.

"The helicopter complaints are not about noise. Cars and motorbikes and coquis make far more noise. It is really about a number of factors including spite, jealousy, paranoia and stupidity."

But now it's:

"Different people have different reasons. Some people have no reason at all."

I don't know for certain if that means you think the different reasons include "spite, jealousy, paranoia and stupidity" and now it seems "no other reason" is included as well. This seems a classic case of an ad hominem argument to me. As for my own situation, no: cars, motorbikes and coquis are not louder than the helicopters.

RE: Sign waving Rally at Hilo Air. Tues. 9-19 3-5pm - alaskyn66 - 09-23-2017

The ambient sound level in my neighborhood is around 25 db. When a helicopter Flys by it jumps to 40 to 45 db and lasts for 30 seconds or so. On a busy tourist day I might hear/see ten helicopters.. 10 helicopters × 30 seconds = small price to pay. If you want something to complain about.. move next to the airport.

RE: Sign waving Rally at Hilo Air. Tues. 9-19 3-5pm - My 2 cents - 09-23-2017

If I moved next to the airport I would not complain about the noise. If the airport moved next to me, different story.

RE: Sign waving Rally at Hilo Air. Tues. 9-19 3-5pm - Kapoho Joe - 09-23-2017

quote:
Originally posted by alaskyn66

The ambient sound level in my neighborhood is around 25 db. When a helicopter Flys by it jumps to 40 to 45 db and lasts for 30 seconds or so. On a busy tourist day I might hear/see ten helicopters.. 10 helicopters × 30 seconds = small price to pay. If you want something to complain about.. move next to the airport.

Sorry AK, but considering that you are a pilot yourself I think your bias may preclude you from this discussion...

RE: Sign waving Rally at Hilo Air. Tues. 9-19 3-5pm - alaskyn66 - 09-23-2017

Just because I like beef.. doesn't mean I want to live next to a slaughter house. But if it only makes noise once in a while...