Punaweb Forum
No Coco Palms for you! - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: No Coco Palms for you! (/showthread.php?tid=19208)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: No Coco Palms for you! - PaulW - 03-16-2018

At least that's one angle MK doesn't have to worry too much about.

RE: No Coco Palms for you! - MarkP - 03-16-2018

This Terry Lilley guy sounds a bit like Sydney Singer.

How is it that the mere suggestion of endangered ducks is enough to stop the development of a resort, where the developers would probably spend big money to be able to host and preserve the ducks as part of their whole sales pitch, while rabid cat feeders wantonly breed cats with total disregard for any native birds? Why does the deliberate practice of maintaining feral cats never trigger an EA or EIS? It truly is a stark contrast. Nobody even knows if the ducks are there but the mere mention sends out shock waves, while TNR practitioners daily do things that get others thrown in jail or heavily fined.

RE: No Coco Palms for you! - tada - 03-17-2018

Compared to "Mauna Kea" being homeless is more than an ethereal obsession.

RE: No Coco Palms for you! - HereOnThePrimalEdge - 03-18-2018

Nobody even knows if the ducks are there

What we do know, is that a group of frauds, masquerading as descendants of Hawaiian royalty has been squatting over a year for free on the property. Now that they've been revealed to have lied about their bloodline, their followers will no doubt treat them like so many others in a long line of imposters and shysters throughout history: Joe McCarthy, Bernie Madoff, perhaps even a former mayor who spent taxpayer funds on hostess bars.

No?
Wait!

From a few who continue their support for the fraudulent descendants of King Kaumualii, we're asked to believe ducks have been discovered on the site! ENDANGERED ducks! Flying endangered ducks so we're not quite sure where they might be on the property, or even if they're (still?) there. What a coincidence that the potential ducks choose of all places along the Kauai coastline, a hotel site preparing for redevelopment. Ducks that by their nature live in a habitat of low lying marshy areas, so they're extremely hard to find. Ducks, that if never found, probably flew away while we were looking for them. In fact, maybe it's better not to look for them, because the very act of searching may cause a disturbance to their feeding and nesting grounds and scare them away. Maybe it's better we just assume that like The X Files, "The Ducks Are Out There."

I said, ‘Wrong, Justin (Trudeau), you do.’ I didn’t even know. ... I had no idea. I just said, ‘You’re wrong.’ - President Donald J. Trump, 3/14/18

RE: No Coco Palms for you! - DTisme - 03-18-2018

HOTPE: "Flying endangered ducks" made me laugh out loud.

RE: No Coco Palms for you! - alaskyn66 - 03-18-2018

Not to mention, The ducks could be decendents of King Kaumualii's personal flock.. which would mean the ducks are more closely related the land than the squatters..

Okay Google... Who are these people and why ain't they working?

RE: No Coco Palms for you! - Kapoho Joe - 03-18-2018

Sounds like how the hippies used the Marbled Murrelet to kill timber jobs in the PNW.

RE: No Coco Palms for you! - TomK - 03-18-2018

"Ducks, that if never found, probably flew away while we were looking for them."

You need to read up on Schrodinger's duck.

RE: No Coco Palms for you! - HereOnThePrimalEdge - 03-18-2018

Schrodinger's duck.

Yes! Until found, a duck both on the resort property, and not on the resort property.
"And, as time requireth, a duck of marvelous mirth and pastimes, and sometime of as sad gravity. A duck for all seasons."

I said, ‘Wrong, Justin (Trudeau), you do.’ I didn’t even know. ... I had no idea. I just said, ‘You’re wrong.’ - President Donald J. Trump, 3/14/18

RE: No Coco Palms for you! - kalakoa - 03-18-2018

a duck both on the resort property, and not on the resort property

Lands which are then sacred, or not sacred. Unless the duck brings a checkbook.