Punaweb Forum
Woman's body found off Kalapana - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Woman's body found off Kalapana (/showthread.php?tid=11992)

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - anony_mouse - 01-17-2014

quote:
Originally posted by kohaladiver808

I'm sure they know the identity by now. why has there been all this discussion about the body being found in fox's landing

I believe another user (bananahead) suggested it was foxs landing. I have been under the impression that it was the kipuka that's far mauka of Foxs landing.

quote:
if this sadly turns out to be Bo and he was murdered, why would the killer/killers have left his body out there so long?

It would probably be way too risky to revisit the scene of a crime if you have confidence that your initial plan worked. I'm sure the perpetrators are uncomfortable with the latest media hype, but certainly no reason to scratch the entire plans and risk everything. I'm sure they have the utmost confidence that if Boaz Johnson's body is found hanging in the tree, it will be ruled a suicide, just as planned. Media won't change that...at least for the short term.

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - TomK - 01-17-2014

quote:
Judging from this picture, and the way their belongings were organized, I raise these questions:
http://imgur.com/TbfzaAw

I'm not sure anyone can answer questions or make assumptions based on that picture unless we know when it was taken and by whom and what it is a picture of. Maybe I've missing something, apologies if I have.

It's a picture of a tent and stuff around it. What am I missing?

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - kohaladiver808 - 01-17-2014

"Judging from this picture, and the way their belongings
I'm not sure anyone can answer questions or make assumptions based on that picture unless we know when it was taken and by whom and what it is a picture of. Maybe I've missing something, apologies if I have.

It's a picture of a tent and stuff around it. What am I missing?"
----------------------------------------------------------------
that photograph was ran with the local news story on kitv (think it was kitv) it appeared to be part of the various shots the police had taken, the way it was presented on the news. whether it was actually taken the day it (tent) was found is not 100% clear. maybe anony-mouse can tell you where he found it, but that's where I first saw it.

quote:
Originally posted by kohaladiver808

It's a picture of a tent and stuff around it. What am I missing?"
----------------------------------------------------------------
that photograph was ran with the local news story on kitv (think it was kitv) it appeared to be part of the various shots the police had taken, the way it was presented on the news. whether it was actually taken the day it (tent) was found is not 100% clear. maybe anony-mouse can tell you where he found it, but that's where I first saw it.

I can't confirm where the tent was. There has been some conflicts with the gps coordinates noted by police.

My suggestion was based on how organized and clean the camping area was, in contrast to the usual disarray one typically sees in a crime scene involving a violent marital dispute , or the ravage robbery of meth heads. No mess, everything well-placed and clean. Odd.

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - TomK - 01-17-2014

My point is that there's no way to authentic that photo, at least from the link that was given. It might be authentic or it might not be. I don't know, but you can't base any inferences based on that picture unless you know when and where it was taken and by whom. As far as I'm concerned it could be anyone's camp site at any time.

Sorry for the obscure link. Here's a better one (image at top of article), along with authentication.

http://www.bigislandchronicle.com/2013/06/22/puna-news-help-police-solve-the-brittany-royal-murder-and-boaz-johnson-disappearance/

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - Ruth Johnson - 01-17-2014

Brittany took that picture and posted it in May on her Facebook. This particular one was not taken by the Police. They ended up moving their campsite, too, so it's the wrong location.

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - kapohololo - 01-17-2014

so where da campsite was? any pictures?

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - TomK - 01-18-2014

Thanks, Ruth Johnson, for some clarification. It'd be a real shame if the speculation degenerated here even further based on a picture that probably has little to do with the case.

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - anony_mouse - 01-19-2014

I don't think anyone was "shamefully degenerating" anything by speculating on a picture of Bo and Brittany's campsite. If anything, the picture does clarify that it was Boaz and Brittany's campsite, as opposed to assuming I would go to the extent of uploading a picture of a random campsite belonging to someone other than Boaz or Brittany. The picture also argues against other comments suggesting Bo and Brittany were living a desperate/starving lifestyle. They had quite a nice tent setup, including a really nice propane stove. I would imagine their later campsite was a similar setup. The search warrant pertaining to the campsite did not indicate any signs of struggle or violence, aside from a clothesline/rope that had been cut. The flesh and DNA samples were found outside of the camping area.