Punaweb Forum
Green says masks will be last to go - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Green says masks will be last to go (/showthread.php?tid=22632)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Green says masks will be last to go - malahini - 02-26-2022

(02-26-2022, 12:34 AM)Durian Fiend Wrote: In Hawaii, definitely later rather than sooner!

I haven't seen what Kalakoa alluded to earlier in this thread, namely that numerous people have been ignoring the mask mandate.  On the contrary, I've seen nobody inside a large store flouting it.

However, in light of recent developments (CDC announcement) it wouldn't be surprising if this does begin to crop up.

I saw multiple people in Costco in Kona just rip off masks as soon as they went through the door. This was back in December too.

I was in Target the other day and saw people chinning their masks, I did the same.

Also saw people in Pahoa town flaunting it the other day.

RE: Green says masks will be last to go - TomK - 02-26-2022

So what? If some people refuse to wear masks or wear them properly, how does that demonstrate wearing masks is wrong?

RE: Green says masks will be last to go - 'elepaio - 02-26-2022

From Page #5

MM "Btw.. my daughter flies back and forth from Maui with the exact same mask and has never been asked to remove it. In fact she likes it, says it gets her compliments.."

TomK " Her mask gives her compliments? Seriously?"

Put the bottle down Tom, add something positive and please try be nicer or at least get your trolling correct.

RE: Green says masks will be last to go - TomK - 02-26-2022

Yes, that was the post that provoked your "vaulted scientist post". As I said in another thread, you might consider thinking before posting. You probably don't understand what I was pointing out in that thread. I won't explain it to you because I'm sure you're going to post something even more ridiculous.

Anyone willing to guess how many sock puppets MyManao and elepaio have between them?

RE: Green says masks will be last to go - MyManao - 02-26-2022

(02-26-2022, 09:41 AM)TomK Wrote: Anyone willing to guess how many sock puppets MyManao and elepaio have between them?

Ah, but at least our socks are clean. The way you go on about yourself it's hard to say as much for yours..

RE: Green says masks will be last to go - Durian Fiend - 02-26-2022

(02-26-2022, 08:43 AM)TomK Wrote: So what? If some people refuse to wear masks or wear them properly, how does that demonstrate wearing masks is wrong?

A couple things are wrong.  First, having rules that are widely disrespected and ignored undermines the authority and credibility of government.  i don't see this as a problem at this time in Hawaii.

Secondly, the CDC says that it's OK for people living in the green (low risk) and yellow (medium risk) areas of US to go without masks. Hawaii is green.  So...what happened to "follow the science"?

CDC represents science, David Ige does not.

RE: Green says masks will be last to go - malahini - 02-26-2022

While I agree Ige is not following science, please don't insult science by mentioning the CDC either.  Big Grin

As for people flaunting rules, I see it more and more. The government here is a joke.

I will say I will be very very sad if Kai Kahele or Green is the next governor. I really don't get the voters here.

I really hope at least they reject those guys. Seeing the rejection of those schoolboard members in other very very blue areas gives me some hope though, that maybe similar sentiment will make it here too.

RE: Green says masks will be last to go - 'elepaio - 02-26-2022

TomK, your obsessively constant focus on socks and trying to paint me as someone im not is tiresome and makes you look crazy.

For proof, look at yourself in this thread again.

https://punaweb.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=22635

This is straight up trolling +++ as you say, "making stuff up" and is playing havoc on your credibility.

Please stop it.

RE: Green says masks will be last to go - TomK - 02-27-2022

(02-26-2022, 08:09 PM)elepaio pid= Wrote:TomK, your obsessively constant focus on socks and trying to paint me as someone im not is tiresome and makes you look crazy.

For proof, look at yourself in this thread again.

https://punaweb.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=22635

This is straight up trolling +++ as you say,  "making stuff up" and is playing havoc on your credibility.

Please stop it.

The link you provided is to your infamous "vaulted scientist" post. What is a vaulted scientist unless you're making things up? Is it someone who studies vaulting or a scientist who likes pole vaulting?

(02-26-2022, 05:06 PM)Durian Fiend Wrote:
(02-26-2022, 08:43 AM)TomK Wrote: So what? If some people refuse to wear masks or wear them properly, how does that demonstrate wearing masks is wrong?

A couple things are wrong.  First, having rules that are widely disrespected and ignored undermines the authority and credibility of government.  i don't see this as a problem at this time in Hawaii.

Secondly, the CDC says that it's OK for people living in the green (low risk) and yellow (medium risk) areas of US to go without masks. Hawaii is green.  So...what happened to "follow the science"?

CDC represents science, David Ige does not.

I think you make a good point but I'm not sure the mask mandate has been widely disrespected, on the whole, I think most people have followed the mandate.  As for the recent CDC advice about not needing masks, this is obviously new and I can't comment on that right now other than Hawaii should follow the CDC's advice and if they don't they have to justify why. They've said in the past that they simply follow the CDC's advice and if they diverge from that then they need to justify why.

As for Ige, no comment other than it will be a good day when he goes. Kermit has overstayed his welcome.

RE: Green says masks will be last to go - Puna Grace - 02-27-2022

Wherever you stand on masks and such, I think we can all agree that Saturday Night Live nailed it.

https://youtu.be/2k6xroHtn-8

Enjoy and Happy Sunday all.   Smile