Punaweb Forum
Woman's body found off Kalapana - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Woman's body found off Kalapana (/showthread.php?tid=11992)

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - Guest - 01-19-2014

Finding this very hard to just wait for the word of who was found?. The picture of the tent out in the lava was very telling of what kind of campers or survivalist both Bo and Britt may have been. Agree things don't look desperate, maybe a little desolate though. To me it also shows a calculus Or meticulous style of camping with some serious survival skills. I can also tell Bo was quite a handy man with other skills and strengths that are needed for a place like Kalapana (Diving equip, guitars, Boots, backpack, Jars, ect) . It would be nice to see maybe another dozen or two more photo's of Bo, or hear from a few close friends of Brittney maybe from her Kalapana days?. Yet all this would only lead to more speculations, we really need to know the identity of the body which also happens to be the biggest piece of evidence to what may have happened. Do we have a serial killer loose, A murder/suicide, or a gang well protected by our county or force, or maybe all or none of the above?. P.S. This one picture shows more about who Bo was than any other I had seen yet, seems to also show several short ties of cloths line tied up around this tent(about every two feet had a 12-20 inch tie) Could one of these ties have been used or explain the cut rope, was there a larger piece cut? Could this have been found already for DNA purposes?.

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - TomK - 01-19-2014

anony_mouse - I am not sure who you are quoting when you say "shamefully degenerating". I was just hoping that the speculation doesn't get too out of order based on a picture that appears to be one not taken at the crime scene.

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - Amrita - 01-20-2014

Still no ID for the body? [V] Seems very hard to believe that even if here in the remote wild wild east we don't have state of the art forensics, that dental identification has not been forthcoming. Though Bo and the Japanese Tourist were relatively young men one assumes they must have had their teeth xrayed some time in their lives.

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - Minette - 01-20-2014

I kinda believe that it is taking a long time to ID the body because it is not Bo or the Japanese tourist, but someone completely unknown and not on a database either. R.I.P.

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - Guest - 01-20-2014

Should be fairly easy to tell the difference by dental records, Bo was 22 and may not have had a cavity or very few?. The Japanese tourist was in his 50's and may have had more cavities and or replacement teeth?. Minette, I am starting to think the same thing,( possibly being someone else ).

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - Kapohocat - 01-20-2014

This could be but I am very sad to think there could be another unknown murder.

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - csgray - 01-20-2014

Toxicology reports can take weeks, months if the samples go to a contract lab on the mainland. It will be a long time until we the public know anything.

Carol

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - Carey - 01-20-2014

We had a friend whose mother died unexpectedly (intestate, with no power of attorney) here last summer & it took weeks to get a DNA positive ID ( unfortunately, though her mother had gone regularly to a dentist, the daughter did not know who/what where of the dentist, so they had to rely on DNA match between mother/daughter...and that took weeks...)

although this time must be agonizing for the families of the known missing men, most likely they will wait for all of the tests to release any data...

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - Littrell - 01-20-2014

I pray for answers soon!!
Has anyone heard of any info on the other tent that was near Bo and Brittany's tent. To my understanding there was another tent? Have the PD talked to or located the the people it belonged to?

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - Amrita - 01-21-2014

[quote]Originally posted by gypsy69

Should be fairly easy to tell the difference by dental records, Bo was 22 and may not have had a cavity or very few?. The Japanese tourist was in his 50's and may have had more cavities and or replacement teeth?. Minette, I am starting to think the same thing,( possibly being someone else ).

Yes, so then the dental record examination could at least say whom it is NOT! That would at least provide some basis for moving forward.