Punaweb Forum
Woman's body found off Kalapana - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Woman's body found off Kalapana (/showthread.php?tid=11992)

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - w00tl00ps - 01-21-2014

quote:
Originally posted by Punatickz

W00t, where did you read that he had 10,000 dollars? I heard something similar. Was it a police report?

in the gazillions articles that was made about this case. He was going to put it as a down payment. Money he saved and also his family loaned him.

Af for the notebook you honestly think it was there 7 months? im telling you he commited suicide sometime in december when the money ran out. Im betting some people were aiding him and basically extorted him to death. You act like people are so clever as to frame someone like that..every murder has a calling card. There is no such thing as a perfect murder and again..no one knows how long the body was dead..do you know how fast things decompose when it is hot?

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - hawaiideborah - 01-21-2014

I am so sorry for both the families.
The sisters of Bo really believed in his innocence and must be devastated.
There are no winners here, just sadness.
So horrible for both families.
My heart goes out to all of you.

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - dragon2k - 01-21-2014

quote:
Originally posted by terracore

I started this thread at the second hand request of a direct family member involved. I went to lock or close it (like you can on some forums) and found out that I can't. But I wish that we can all move on now.

Yep. One of the shortcomings of PW. You can start a thread, but cannot delete it, lock it or otherwise end it.

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - malolo - 01-21-2014

Sad, sad, sad.
For all involved, and all who loved them.
Incredible strength and grace on the part of family members.

Some of the questions folks still have are addressed in today's full press conference:
http://www.bigislandvideonews.com/2014/01/21/brittany-jane-royal-murder-solved-full-press-conference-video/

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - islandlvng - 01-21-2014

It makes no sense to me why there are all these doubters saying Bo COULD NOT HAVE DONE THIS. Who knew this kid? Anyone? But some insist there is no way he could have done it? What a joke.

How big was Bo? He was small in stature. Very likely the reason he dragged her body instead of carrying it. Why drag a body across lava? Because you couldn't carry it. Fairly straight forward. Why drop a body in the ocean down where lava tour boats, hikers, fishers by both shore and boat frequent and numerous aircraft fly over daily? Because you are stupid.

Bodies float. Drift with current. Bound to be found very easily within a day or two. Bo obviously had no idea what he was doing. No thought at all. Not the actions of killers who know what they are doing. Locals could easily load a body up in a boat, take it out a mile, tie a cement block to it and see ya. I'm sure you have all heard the sleep with the fish phrase. Lava tube, deep jungle, so many places to hide a murdered body, yet.....................

A book found only 7 months or so later would absolutely still be legible. I've found a partial credit card statement that blew out of my burn pile several months after burning it. Still very legible.

If some mysterious Hawaiian mafia did it, do you honestly think it would be so sloppy? Drag marks, a hanging, a suicide note? C'mon. Kill them both, drop em in a lava tube somewhere, done deal. You don't murder two people and leave that much evidence behind, especially two bodies to be found.

Making someone write a three page suicide note against their will? Really? If someone murdered my pregnant wife, i would NOT willing do anything let alone be taken to my death by hanging after being made to write a three page note. Not realistic in anyway shape or form. Spin it anyway you want. Bo did it. Justice is served. Sleep well.

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - Mtviewdude - 01-21-2014

quote:
Originally posted by pahoated
There is racism, just that it is mostly white against brown people.

Seriously? Are you white? because you sure seem racist..

While my parents taught me race doesn't matter, the older I get the more I learn that people will find any excuse to put others down to make themselves feel better.

My heart and prayers go out to both families, it is a tragedy and I hope you can find peace.

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - TazmanianRhonda - 01-21-2014

quote:
Originally posted by hawaiideborah

I am so sorry for both the families.
The sisters of Bo really believed in his innocence and must be devastated.
There are no winners here, just sadness.
So horrible for both families.
My heart goes out to all of you.

I agree with Deborah 100%. Look guys, I know this is hard for some to swallow given the fervent disbelief by the Johnson family. But I think most have heard of 'Occums Razor', or at least understand the premise: the simplest answer is often the correct one. No one wants to believe their family or friend would or could hurt another and then themselves, but a couple have pointed out on here this is the most likely scenario, and while I am not a forensic investigator, psychologist, or any other kind of professional, I have been following this since day one, and have to agree this was always the most likely scenario. People CAN snap and crazy and sad things CAN happen. The child (that's all he was, sadly) snapped, took an argument too far, and once it was over he thought he may be able to get away with it until the body was found by the fishing boat. Then, he saw no way out and took his life. It sucks, but it does happen to good people. He was probably a great guy who did something very wrong and felt awful and took his own life.

So sad for both families and my condolences to you all. May they both rest in peace, and may you all be able to pick up the pieces and move on. Although these children can never be replaced or forgotten, I hope one day your lives can be happy and joyful again. Sad

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - hereandthere - 01-21-2014

This thread has had ups and downs, emotions and most of everyones opinion and speculation about what happened. I agreed a lot with Bsnanahead. Although crude at times in his delivery and a bit argumentative, he was the only person with the gumption to come out and say the boy killed her right up front. I found it hard to imagine being out on the lava in the heat, packing water, food and everything to live and the girl being pregnant. There was talk early on about how uncomfortable she was from morning sickness. That there was talk of renting a house so she was more comfortable. The notion of an organic farm, the years you would have to create soil, just where was the water coming from for this farm venture? I heard all about this dreamy, wonderful, life the two were gona live out there and I just couldn't see it. Then there was the threat of the Lava tour company. Any hope of making money to make a payment or support themselves and a baby was really unrealistic in my opinion. Whether it was farming , yoga or touring it wasn't going to work. They didn't really know each other very long. Each set of parents had just met them as a couple. So the fact that they kept talking about their life together and their plans and what could have happened was just conjecture. The boy came from a part of Alaska that is remote and isolated with limited social development. The girl traveled the world and explored cultures a social butterfly. These two were total opposites. Although I heard how in love they were I can see it playing out just like the police said it did.

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - TomK - 01-21-2014

TazmanianRhonda - great post and thank you for writing it. I caught a bit of the press conference today on the news and saw family members there who have interacted with us here, shared their pain but have also gone to great lengths to keep that interaction going no matter what the final result would be, and yes, maybe it still isn't over, but it certainly won't be for both families.

Ted and Julie, I feel for you both but hope today is the start of a recovery and perhaps a new journey and hope you keep in touch with us here. You both know how much love and concern has been sent your way from people here. To the Johnson family: this has to be utterly devastating and perhaps the recovery will take a different route. Please know that whatever the truth, people here will share that same aloha and do whatever they can to help you through such a terrible time.

I wish I could find better words, but I will be thinking of both families tonight and likely for many more nights to come.

And terracore - I think I understand how you feel, but this thread has enabled both families to connect with people here. I think you should be proud of it.

Edited to add: I think Rob should also be thanked for providing the forum and this thread in the first place. Without punaweb this couldn't have happened.

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - damien007 - 01-21-2014

quote:
Originally posted by islandlvng

It makes no sense to me why there are all these doubters saying Bo COULD NOT HAVE DONE THIS. Who knew this kid? Anyone? But some insist there is no way he could have done it? What a joke.

How big was Bo? He was small in stature. Very likely the reason he dragged her body instead of carrying it. Why drag a body across lava? Because you couldn't carry it. Fairly straight forward. Why drop a body in the ocean down where lava tour boats, hikers, fishers by both shore and boat frequent and numerous aircraft fly over daily? Because you are stupid.

Bodies float. Drift with current. Bound to be found very easily within a day or two. Bo obviously had no idea what he was doing. No thought at all. Not the actions of killers who know what they are doing. Locals could easily load a body up in a boat, take it out a mile, tie a cement block to it and see ya. I'm sure you have all heard the sleep with the fish phrase. Lava tube, deep jungle, so many places to hide a murdered body, yet.....................

A book found only 7 months or so later would absolutely still be legible. I've found a partial credit card statement that blew out of my burn pile several months after burning it. Still very legible.

If some mysterious Hawaiian mafia did it, do you honestly think it would be so sloppy? Drag marks, a hanging, a suicide note? C'mon. Kill them both, drop em in a lava tube somewhere, done deal. You don't murder two people and leave that much evidence behind, especially two bodies to be found.

Making someone write a three page suicide note against their will? Really? If someone murdered my pregnant wife, i would NOT willing do anything let alone be taken to my death by hanging after being made to write a three page note. Not realistic in anyway shape or form. Spin it anyway you want. Bo did it. Justice is served. Sleep well.

Could not have said it better!

You're not an idiot (how's that Punatickz, better?)