Punaweb Forum
Woman's body found off Kalapana - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Woman's body found off Kalapana (/showthread.php?tid=11992)

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - Delta9r - 01-22-2014

The grand jury transcript, from 18-Dec-2013, was from before the discovery of the body on 02-Jan-2014. Since there was no sign of B. Johnson at that time the transcript may not tell a complete story.

I would really like to know the contents of the composition notebook, especially given the remarks by Asst. Chief Tavares regarding follow ups regarding the contents of that notebook.

"Life is labor, and all that is good in life comes from that labor..."

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - HawaiiCorruption - 01-22-2014

All the more reason to view the GJ transcript. In a GJ, only one side of a story is presented, the prosecutors. I certainly have personal experience with the illegal shenanigans that can occur on a Hilo GJ, so I for one would read the transcript with a critical eye.

quote:
I would really like to know the contents of the composition notebook, especially given the remarks by Asst. Chief Tavares regarding follow ups regarding the contents of that notebook.

So would I. However, Asst. Chief Tavares said this won't be available for several more months.

HawaiiCorruption.wordpress.com
Bringing Justice to the Islands

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - Punatickz - 01-22-2014

Good job making those calls and pursuing those. It's appalling that other journalists in the area haven't asked for these before you did.

Will the transcripts be available online, or just locally at the court house? Is there a way to publicize them to the internet?

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - Rob Tucker - 01-22-2014

The L.A. Times published an update on the story today.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-brittanyjane-royal-solved-hawaii-20140122,0,2431716.story#axzz2rC9zqtX1

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - caliman - 01-22-2014

The case has been solved,whats the point of dragging this along? I feel like im in california again.

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - Obie - 01-22-2014

A lot of mistakes in the L.A. Times article but the bottom line is,the HPD had it right from the beginning.

Hats off to the HPD and sympathy to the families.

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - kapohololo - 01-22-2014

welcome to puna, cali man! now u learnin how crime get solved here! been like this for plenty years...

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - HawaiiCorruption - 01-22-2014

Punatickz,
I intend to make them available online. This record will have very limited information because Boaz will never have the opportunity to create a record for a defense. Although, occasionally I am surprised by what a record does contain.

HawaiiCorruption.wordpress.com
Bringing Justice to the Islands

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - anony_mouse - 01-22-2014

If certain people aren't in interested in the continuation of this topic, perhaps you should try not visiting this topic when you log on to punaweb. It's fairly simple, and most adults understand this.

If it's obvious that this is still a hot topic for the community, despite whether you agree or disagree with others opinions, theres no reason to shut the topic down. No one is forcing anybody to come to this topic, much less read it and reply to it, and there are plenty of other topics on this forum that you may find more suited to your tastes. Try doing that before you complain about forum rules and screaming for censorship.

RE: Woman's body found off Kalapana - kohaladiver808 - 01-22-2014

quote:
Originally posted by caliman

The case has been solved,whats the point of dragging this along? I feel like im in california again.

oh really? how long have you lived in hawai'i? after decades of living here and watching cases even more appalling than this one be severely mismanaged by our "authorities" I'm sorry to say I have zero to little faith in their findings.. I lived with a local, hawaiian, Maui police detective for 11 years who eventually resigned due to the MASSIVE corruption on that island. and big island kinda makes Maui look legit.. it is beyond imaging or describing what has been found to be "signed, sealed and delivered " by hpd.. . you couldn't make this stuff up, but it's business as usual here. not saying the boy didn't hang himself, I'd say I'm still 50/50 on it. if you watch that police interview, the way Tavares was acting, nervous beyond any other time I've seen him speak and their absolute inability to answer any direct ?'s it makes one wonder. when he was specifically asked how bio hung himself it's laughable how he answered.. but hey, it's puna, and time has a way iof revealing everything.. I'll wait and see....