Punaweb Forum
GREEN HARVEST SHOT DOWN! - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: GREEN HARVEST SHOT DOWN! (/showthread.php?tid=1098)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

GREEN HARVEST SHOT DOWN! - Royall - 05-17-2007

County voted 5-4 to not fund Green Harvest anymore. Read the story in this mornings Tribune Herald. A bit more peace and quiet in paradise!

Royall

PS. Thad should have been SHOT down. I was a little excited when I typed that!

What goes around comes around!

Edited by - Royall on 05/17/2007 05:12:20

RE: GREEN HARVEST SHOT DOWN! - loffelkopffl - 05-17-2007

if this really happens, then it is good news! maybe they can double their efforts and eradicate the ice dealers and thieves!

RE: GREEN HARVEST SHOT DOWN! - mella l - 05-17-2007

Yes what a blessing if the Drug Czars could tackle the ice problem full steam ahead. It would help society, community, and family soooo much.

mella l

RE: GREEN HARVEST SHOT DOWN! - Mitzi M - 05-17-2007

Thanks for the good news! If it all really pans out, maybe Hawai'i County will become a role model for some sanity on the US "drug" war issue.

RE: GREEN HARVEST SHOT DOWN! - bystander - 05-17-2007

It's funny how nobody uses the word "war" anymore when talking about the fight against illegal drugs. I guess it's stupid to call it a war when there is a real shooting war with people getting killed going on. I believe the term "war on drugs" was coined during the Reagan administration.

RE: GREEN HARVEST SHOT DOWN! - mella l - 05-17-2007

Wow I have been so busy these past 3 - 4 months with family health issues and such I haven't been on the PW! Well my second rant in three days! Sorry I'll tone it down some from here on!

Yes the War on Drugs was coined during the Regan administration and a famous quote by the first lady, "Just say no to drugs", didn't take hold. If the millions and billions of dollars spent on deturing import and export of drugs from all over the world were spent instead on education and rehabitation I wonder where we would be now.

It is job security for many of our government officials I fear, same as the prisons, make more criminals and we have more job security. What a jaded view I have sorry all.

mella l

RE: GREEN HARVEST SHOT DOWN! - Thunderfoot - 05-17-2007

Mella I,you shouldn't be sorry for speaking the truth,my dear.We all know how the ugly machine works....

RE: GREEN HARVEST SHOT DOWN! - Dave M - 05-17-2007

Mella, I couldn't disagree with you more.. Jaded would be the politicians that continue to prop up these rediculous laws. Gullable, would be the countless Americans that buy in to this "Drug War" cash cow. Hypocrit, would be the people from both of the above groups.. that have several dry martinis and venture out onto the Highways.. Leagalise weed...Tax it...use the money to fight the real problems, Crack & Ice. Yepper, Ms. Mella I think you're more informed than jaded. (Uh oh..did I just give up my "lurker" status?)

dave

Take care,
dave

RE: GREEN HARVEST SHOT DOWN! - radioguy - 05-17-2007

The War on Drugs was signed into law by Richard Nixon. Of course, there is no real war on drugs, just enough effort to stop about 5 to 10% percent of drugs coming into the U.S. Making drugs illegal has enpowered the worst murdering gang filth and now gangs out number U.S. law enforcement 1000 to 1. And a total waste of billions of taxpayers dollars.

RE: GREEN HARVEST SHOT DOWN! - haoleboy - 05-17-2007

Since we are picking and choosing which laws we want enforced, I suggest we ignore ice users and manufacturers also.
Let's focus our energy on eliminating child molesters and stretch pants.

Aloha
Richwhiteboy

"My daughter made me a Jerry Springer-watching kit, with crackers, Cheez Whiz, polyester stretch pants and a T-shirt with two fat women fighting over a skinny guy."-
Roseanne Barr