Punaweb Forum
Here again, This time seriously! - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Here again, This time seriously! (/showthread.php?tid=11230)

Pages: 1 2

Here again, This time seriously! - 1voyager1 - 12-27-2012

We have come back to B-I again for our winter getaway.
This time we are looking at property in Puna, not just rubber-necking.
We will be moving here next summer.

It has been an eye opener. Probably the most depressing aspect is the "negative energy" of all the "NO TRESPASSING"; "PRIVATE PROPERTY"; "GO AWAY"; "ALOHA - F$%&-OFF AND DIE" signs all over the place.
Is there some liability issue that requires almost everyone to post such inhospitable signs everywhere? After driving day after day through neighborhood after neighborhood and seeing these signs everywhere One tends to lose faith in their faith in mankind.

You do see some of it in Alaska, but not so much in populated areas. In rural areas and the bush, yeah you do see the occasional "TRESPASSERS WILL BE SHOT AND EATEN" signs, but not so ubiquitously.

OK I've had my rant. I have edited a lot of my bad-mouthing from this. So, consider this a mild complaint.
It is not going to stop us, though. We'll still be moving here next summer.

RE: Here again, This time seriously! - mailes - 12-27-2012

I know that if you don't have a "No Trespassing" sign (on all 4 corners of your property) and someone trespasses and you call the police they won't press charges for 'Trespassing'. Found that out a few years ago on New Years day; drunk guy, bottle still in hand sleeping in the driveway. I thought it was pretty obvious, I mean, dude's not on the road and there's no other public property in a subdivision. But, dems the rules. We still didn't put them up because they're tacky, inhospitable and generally don't keep away who you want to keep away.

RE: Here again, This time seriously! - Midnight Rambler - 12-27-2012

Legally, that's not the case (as you will find out if you go onto Kamehameha Schools/Bishop Estate land), but it doesn't surprise me that the cops here have that attitude. As far as they're concerned, it's one less case they have to deal with.

My favorite sign is in Mountain View on N. Peck Road - it says
TRESPASSER WILL BE SHOT!
SURVIVORS WILL BE SHOT AGAIN!
don't take the chance!

RE: Here again, This time seriously! - dmbwest - 12-27-2012

Voyager, you must but up in the Acres ?

Why do you connote signage with " negative energy " and people not wanting you on their land ???? Sounds pretty straight forward to me ... They are probably sick of newbys and who ever else wandering around and peeping into their business ...

See sign, move on respectfully ... Don't let it ruin your thin skinned day .

RE: Here again, This time seriously! - kalakoa - 12-28-2012

I find that, generally, the "excessively hostile signage" tends towards the "dead-end corners" of any subdivision -- I'm on a "through" road, no signs around here other than "for sale".

RE: Here again, This time seriously! - dayna - 12-28-2012

There's not many signs on the road/area I'm on either. In fact, one property has a welcome sign. In my neck of the woods it's mostly just the black and orange no trespassing signs.

Dayna

www.E-Z-Caps.com

RE: Here again, This time seriously! - EightFingers - 12-28-2012

I'd rather see the signs than the wrong end of a gun!

RE: Here again, This time seriously! - terracore - 12-28-2012

Usually you see them in areas where there are a lot of vacant lots. Someone living off island can't tell people to stay of their land in person, so they put up a sign. Otherwise, like kalakoa said.

The signs are worthless- best thing you need to do is put up a fence/gate where your property has road frontage. People looking for a convenient illegal dumping spot will do it somewhere else.

RE: Here again, This time seriously! - AlohaSteven - 12-29-2012

EightFingers -I sent a PM to you via the Punaweb internal email system but that may have glitched. If you see this note then please contact me via my alaskasteven@yahoo.com address. Sorry, everyone else, for the off-topic clutter. Thanks!

)'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'(

Nina Paley's music video "All Creative Work Is Derivative"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcvd5JZkUXY&list=FLP7Vhr8C1-hS6BNSE3s6sMw&index=57&feature=plpp_video

)'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'(

RE: Here again, This time seriously! - nana valley - 12-29-2012

Property next door to my house had NO Trespassing signs but they were ripped off by the thieves who came in and took anything they wanted. [8D]