Punaweb Forum
Medical Herb Doctor Referrals - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Medical Herb Doctor Referrals (/showthread.php?tid=1134)

Pages: 1 2 3

Medical Herb Doctor Referrals - wonderkine - 05-30-2007

I'm trying to find a good local doctor who is ok with writing medical marijuana certificates. I have the medical history to back up my need, I'm just having a really hard time finding a doctor I want to work with. Any advice would be appreciated.

Mahalo!

RE: Medical Herb Doctor Referrals - Dave M - 05-30-2007

Ok Kine,

I've gotta respond to this one. Of course as usual I'm of absolutely no help to you.

But I did have some questions; Howz that work? Do you get a script for like 27 grms of cush? And then what..do you take the script to the pharmacy and get your nugs/weed?

Ok well heres to you bud..opps no pun intended.

BUMP

Take care,
dave

RE: Medical Herb Doctor Referrals - jdirgo - 05-30-2007

Check the newspaper -- there's a doctor that advertises that she will do that for patients. Sorry that I don't have her name for you. I'm sure the Hawaii Cannabis Ministry would have her contact info as well.

John Dirgo, R, ABR, e-PRO
Island Trust Properties, LLC
808-987-9243 cell
http://www.hawaiirealproperty.com

Edited by - jdirgo on 05/30/2007 16:35:39

RE: Medical Herb Doctor Referrals - Nate SC - 05-30-2007

You go to the Doc..get your "certificate". Then you go to the "weed store" or "da store" and get "registered" with them and then step into the back room and "bump...bump...bubba bump". You can choose thru all the different "brands" they have,,,,cush..hydro,,,cronic,,,,Indicas, sativas crosses and all other kinda dumb ass names you could ever think of.
They have magnifying glasses so you can see the "canabanoids" up close to get the most "stanky doodle doo doo". but anyways,,,I don't smoke weed...lol...
<ZZZZ@'ooo0000ooOOOOOOOOoooooOOOOO

RE: Medical Herb Doctor Referrals - wonderkine - 05-30-2007

Actually...there is no provision in Hawaii for dispensaries. You're on you own to grow it our buy it where everyone else does.

You get a diagnosis/prescription from your doctor, send it to the state to register (annually 25$) then you get a card that identifies you as a medical patient. You are allowed to have one ounce in your possession and grow up to 7 plants, with 4 being immature and 3 mature at any time.

The imaginary magic bud shop you seem to think exists, might exists in california, but not here.

RE: Medical Herb Doctor Referrals - LeeE - 05-31-2007

In Holland, cannabis is covered by their universal health care system and is available both in pharmacies and coffee shops. The coffee shops lead the way by giving a large discount to medical users.

I have a question.

Going online, I see recognized studies showing that cannabis extends life, protects brain cells from damage from stroke, bio-toxins ect. and offers protections from dementia and Alzheimers.

I also saw that the largest chemical receptor system in the human body responds only to cannabis-like chemicals which the body produces, (endocannabinoinds or annandamides **meaning, "bliss", in sanscrit**.

Apparently, new mothers release these marijuana-like chemicals into their milk, causing newborns to begin feeding.

Here's my question.

If cannabinoids have preventative properties, like those mentioned and are manufactured by the human body, then who does society legitimately ban from consuming it?

RE: Medical Herb Doctor Referrals - Carey - 05-31-2007

Lee, now I can only picture "Mothers Milk' bars where people get their 'good feelings' ....

RE: Medical Herb Doctor Referrals - wonderkine - 05-31-2007

The "war on marijuana" stems from the paper industries need to defend paper product produced from wood in the early 1900. Hearst spent a lot of money and time painting cannibis as a social evil and promoting his own folks into political positions to ban it from cultivation and consumption. It was non longer a legitimate threat in the marketplace once it was associated with "evils".

But what do I know...there are many historical documentaries available via History Channel that follow the entire issue, I'm sure there are at least a few hundred books out there too.

RE: Medical Herb Doctor Referrals - LeeE - 05-31-2007

Carey, Yes!**lol** Clever that Mother Nature, eh?**S**

RE: Medical Herb Doctor Referrals - Dave M - 05-31-2007

There was a great link on here, that spoke to the illegalization of weed following the repeal of prohibition.

Maybe someone can re-post it or I might try the search feature.

The whole subject just makes me sick . Soo.. maybe you could PM me when you find the doctor. (note, no smiley)

Take care,
dave

Edited by - Dave M on 05/31/2007 16:36:02