Punaweb Forum
fungal infections - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: fungal infections (/showthread.php?tid=11889)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

fungal infections - Kathy2 - 05-09-2013

wondering for those who have been on this island for a while, seems like i meet a lot of people suffering with fungal infections, due to so much dampness and mold everywhere. over the counter topicals don't really kill anything they just keep the symptoms in check, wondering if anyone knows of a good fungal infection killer, as in for your feet, groin area, ext. i have never had a problem till i got here. seems like its a prime area for this kind of problem. just met a couple leaving the island last week in the supermarket, they told me they got fungus all over their scalp and under their armpits and they have had it, moving back to mainland. wondering how you all coping with this and if anyone figured out a solution.

oh and coconut oil doesn't work for me, nether seems like tea tree oil doesn't work ether, oregano oil doesn't work. going to the doctor doesn't work, they give lamisil pills that damage liver and then the fungus comes right back after the pills are gone. oh and since i got here, i stopped eating all sugar and white bread and anything with yeast in it, still not much change.

anyone out there got a silver bullet for this?

kathy

RE: fungal infections - unknownjulie - 05-09-2013

This is interesting you mention this. MY sister was just speaking about the same thing. She showed me some spots that had healed on her arm. I dont know what this is, but she said to wash it constantly with soap and it would go away - which is not scientific at all! But I'm just repeating what she said. I would love to know exactly what this is. We dont have it, but we havent been here for years and years either.

RE: fungal infections - Kathy2 - 05-09-2013

soap and water isn't going to work in a groin area. its already moist and fungus grows in moist dark areas. arm is a different matter, that's easier to cure.

kathy

RE: fungal infections - mar1957 - 05-09-2013

Geez Kathy you about covered all my suggestions .
What about yogurt, backing soda, colloidal silver (spelling ??)
it's the stuff that can turn skin blue "if taken in large doses" but kills germs and fungs
Also h020 treatments might help?
Then there's always the good old sun --- unless the sun is the cause?

mar, tried colloidal, does nothing, baking soda just gets it angry and i drink ozonated water every day, have my own generator, does not help.

i just can't believe how stubborn this problem is and how difficult it is to get rid of it in this damp environment.

sun doesn't work ether, just gets my skin all irritated in sensitive areas.

kathy

RE: fungal infections - unknownjulie - 05-09-2013

AT this point I'd make sure your blood sugars are within the normal range. This almost sounds like yeast. Does it itch? Is it red? Povidone Iodine will kill yeast. IT's what they use in surgical scrubs.

Have you had the fungi typed? Could be that it has became a secondary
infection? My mother battles yeast type infections they look like scalded
burns. I keep her full of good bacteria also use skin cloths to keep skin off skin .
Oh what about your laundry soap?
Good luck !

it could be candida sure, i dont know which type i do eat a tone of cocnut oil and yogurt daily.

and my laundry soap is mostly borox as its highly anti fungal. the sores look like a typical ringworm, round and oval.

you r right i do need good luck because at this point nothing i tried has helped.

kathy

julie my blood sugar is normal i checked. also tried iodine, like colloidal it doesnt help unfortunately.

kathy

Hummm? Do you have a dog? They can carry ringworm .