Punaweb Forum
Poll for Rob .... - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Poll for Rob .... (/showthread.php?tid=12266)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Poll for Rob .... - Guest - 07-24-2013

Please post your latest thoughts about PUNAWEB for Rob.

RE: Poll for Rob .... - Rob Tucker - 07-24-2013

This will be fun.

RE: Poll for Rob .... - opihikao - 07-24-2013

Interesting, strange (on occasion), informative & helpful, entertaining (as all hell!), tenuous at times, good discussions, and leaves lots of "food for thought".

Many good folk here. JMO.

Appreciate this site very much. Mahalo, Mr. Tucker.

pog, you slay me...lol.[Big Grin]

RE: Poll for Rob .... - punafish - 07-24-2013

Not enough discussions about guns! Wink

RE: Poll for Rob .... - dmbwest - 07-24-2013

Part one :

I for one, am sick of the pseudo-hawaii related threads here on "Punatalk" ... I don't even bother reading the other ones beyond classifieds. Rob, PLEASE PLEASE ! Delete or move this crap to a separate " Bicker and Banter " section before it takes root.

IMO, this forum is being overrun by a few, well beyond 5 posts per day ______________s.

IMO............ Concise, cerebral and spirited debate + having a laugh are one thing, but lately, the antogonistic overposting of a few are gravely bringing down the vibe of this site.

I humbly request to you Rob, to please rigidly enforce the rules you set for a little while.

Most sincerely,
aloha,
pog

RE: Poll for Rob .... - dragon2k - 07-24-2013

Punaweb is an important community resource. Not only for sharing tips for better Puna living, but also for sharing our thoughts on the topics of the day. I sincerely appreciate the chance to hear my neighbors opinions.

RE: Poll for Rob .... - Rob Tucker - 07-24-2013

Pog, if you are referring to the 5 posts per day rule that is stated as an average. I am not against people posting freely. No one, far as I know, is violating that rule at this time. Members who have been here awhile can recall the reason it was instituted.

Occasionally I feel like a hall monitor at a middle school.... but for the most part PW has been functioning fairly well. This is Hawaii and I prefer to not spend my time counting posts.

My biggest complaint is the heaqvy use of quoting. It is useful when a comment runs to the next page or to comment directly to something earlier. Other than that is is used way too much and makes the topics hard to read. I ask people to use the quote feature sparingly.

RE: Poll for Rob .... - dmbwest - 07-24-2013

Totally agree with flexibility as per posts per day. Especially if on topic and related. .... But holy crap Rob, I feel like I am speaking for more that a few Punawebbers here to say you DO INDEED need to take a quick count and for similar reasons as before. Just look up. !

RE: Poll for Rob .... - microage97 - 07-25-2013

I have learned a lot from PW and I really appreciate it's existence.

RE: Poll for Rob .... - EightFingers - 07-25-2013

I learned a WHALE of a lot about Hawaii via this forum.