Punaweb Forum
Real Time Storm Prep ... Whatcha doin ? - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Real Time Storm Prep ... Whatcha doin ? (/showthread.php?tid=12285)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Real Time Storm Prep ... Whatcha doin ? - Guest - 07-28-2013

Besides hangin here on PW : )

I'm cutting jugs to catch leaks that are gonna come from this 100 year old rusty roof. Wood to bridge across joists to hold said jugs up there already.

Loose lumber amd potted plants tucked in, batteries charging, a little extra gas and water.

Writing to customers to say I may be out of touch.

aloha,
pog

RE: Real Time Storm Prep ... Whatcha doin ? - Rob Tucker - 07-28-2013

I spent the afternoon cleaning my rain gutters on the house and went up on my garage roof and checked and made some repairs on the roof flashing. I'm ready for rain. If it gets bad I might close a window.

It was a beautiful day today.

I still clearly remember the 29" in 24 hours back in November 2000. After that deluge I installed a grated concrete ground gutter in front of my garage. It has a 6" underground pipe to carry water away from the front of the garage door.

RE: Real Time Storm Prep ... Whatcha doin ? - Kapohocat - 07-28-2013

Watching sharknado with kids
Ready for the storm

RE: Real Time Storm Prep ... Whatcha doin ? - Pilgrim - 07-28-2013

Also cleaned gutters, put potted plants in sheltered place, got extra drinking water, parked car in tree free spot, thought about how lucky I am to live in Hawai'i, looked (and am still looking) for great recipe for Hurricane Punch.

RE: Real Time Storm Prep ... Whatcha doin ? - dmbwest - 07-28-2013

Yeah ... Water no prob ... Trying to sort out the wind factor ... Debating on screwing board Florida style over the two windows my son and i kicked out wresting around too hard .. LOL.

aloha,
pog

RE: Real Time Storm Prep ... Whatcha doin ? - Carey - 07-28-2013

We tied down & brought in EVERYTHING that could fly, closed all of the upper windows, took down the lanai cover, took doggie to "Shampooch" so that she will smell nice at the shelter if the house doesn't stand up to the winds, filled lots of 1, 2 & 5 gal buckets (from our tornado alley days...water is always good to have & easy enough to dump if not needed....try to have a weeks worth for each person & pet water for the "kids"!) sent DH off over the mountain

Still to do: close all windows, safety shut down computer (NOOOOOOO!!!!), pick up the newspaper before the high winds send it down the street early tomorrow morning.

RE: Real Time Storm Prep ... Whatcha doin ? - rainyjim - 07-28-2013

Freaking out over my cuttings and potted plants that have no protection! I hope those dead ohias don't fall on my roof. I hope if they do theres actually still a roof on the house for them to fall on. Currently watching a foreign film adapted from a novel of Wu Cheng'en, one of the greats of chinese literature. Soon i'll be whipping up some organic fettucine made from artichokes in a coconut cream sauce. Currently slicing up veggies for the sauce as molly and I watch this silly film.

RE: Real Time Storm Prep ... Whatcha doin ? - dmbwest - 07-28-2013

Perfectly clear sky and zero breeze in town right now ... 8:45.

If its not raining I don't need to fix the roof and when it is I can't.

aloha,
pog

RE: Real Time Storm Prep ... Whatcha doin ? - Carey - 07-28-2013

Pilgrim, Here is the one from Emeril
Ingredients
1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
1 cup orange juice
1 cup pomegranate juice, preferably a filtered (not cloudy) brand
1/2 cup grenadine
1/2 cup simple syrup
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons lime juice
1 1/2 cups light rum
1/4 cup Triple Sec
2 tablespoons dark rum
Orange slices, for garnish
Lemon slices, for garnish
Maraschino cherries, for garnish
Directions
In a large pitcher combine the pineapple juice, orange juice, pomegranate juice, grenadine, simple syrup, lemon juice and lime juice and stir well to combine. Add the light rum, Triple Sec and dark rum and stir well. Serve in 16-ounce glasses over lots of ice and garnish each glass with 1 orange slice, 1 lemon slice, and 1 maraschino cherry.

Of course, probably a REAL hurricane is mix all of the fruit that flys off the tree, with all of the bottles in the liquor cabinet that would go into a nice fruity, slightly tart, not too sweet punch....

RE: Real Time Storm Prep ... Whatcha doin ? - nana valley - 07-28-2013

Watching the vapor loop of the storm that Carey supplied here on Punatalk! The edge is almost here.
Been on phone with kids and neighbors for a couple of hours, too. Car cover put away, car moved to "safety", everything loose is in shelter, fresh batteries in all flashlights, lantern, emergency radio.
Ready as ready can be!
Thinking and praying for all those in lower Puna like Kapoho.

He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.