Punaweb Forum
Kahena robbery - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Kahena robbery (/showthread.php?tid=12744)

Pages: 1 2

Kahena robbery - Paramedicrob - 11-25-2013

Does it seem like the crime Around Seaview and lower Puna is on the rise? Gunshots in seaview last week, my son got mugged on the road next to Kahena yesterday by 4 guys hiding in the trees.

robert

RE: Kahena robbery - rainyjim - 11-25-2013

If its not trouble to ask,

1). How old is your son?
2). Was he alone?
3). So to clarify he was mugged up on the road? Not down on the beach?

RE: Kahena robbery - Guest - 11-25-2013

That is nothing new down in that area, but I am sorry it has affected you personally now. A lot of the guys who do get kicked out of Pahoa town for loitering and drug sales move down there during the days. heard of many beat downs and robberies that have happened down there. Usually over drugs, stink eye, even venders fighting off the thugs for pretty slow responses to that rural area. Now the venders have been replaced by open drug sales, open containers, and plenty of nudeness. I am not sure if its a good thing or not that both of my teenage boys have not even seen that beach yet?. Any opinions on which side of the beach offers more? And what can I or my boys expect to see if we go?. Is there a safe place to park?. I wish there was safer places to send our kids though so they were not being robbed.

Expect to see the gnarliest gigantic fat biker dude to drop his pants right next to your face.

Also plenty of unshaven naked women fluttering about with fairy dust.

Then theres the naked gay guys who will pace the length of the beach back and forth repeatedly.

Then theres the washed up hippie trying to sell you his "art"

Then theres the tourist party boys with their six packs

Then theres the old hippie lady selling chocolatey-magic-mushroom treats

Then theres...must I go on? Lol

RE: Kahena robbery - ericlp - 11-25-2013

if your gonna go best to get down there around 3-4 or so before the drum circles start ... Once that happens that's when you get to see the magic. Smile Should we go on? Tongue

Yep, I heard a lot of families will kick out the worst of the kids and forbid them to come home, (pahoa) and live down in or around sea view. I'm not knocking seaview but that's just what I heard. Find it kinda interesting. Maybe it's because it take awhile for the cops to get down there. I have no clue. How the house of cards doing there? Did they finally tear it down?

RE: Kahena robbery - bluesboy - 11-25-2013

if i was gonna go to kehena it would not be on the weekend - too much of a scene at that time. best to go on the weekdays in the morning. it is much quieter then.

RE: Kahena robbery - oink - 11-25-2013

rainyjim, thanks for the very visual visual....NOT! I can still see it burned into the back of my eyelids.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.

RE: Kahena robbery - bananahead - 11-25-2013

Stay Clear of that place PLEASE
Please dont go down to Kehena if you dont like Kehena
some of you obviously are missing the point... so just wouldnt fit in Wink....

Kehena is one of only 2 beaches in the state where the nudity laws are not enforced... for a reason, we would lose millions in tourist $$ yearly
Both Kehena and the more popular and slightly bigger 'little' Makena Beach (Maui) bring thousands of tourists yearly here to Hawaii ie Kalani's fame is due mainly because of that small blacksand beach close by (was 5X bigger in the 1965-70s)... and many European/WWOOFer tourist only make trips to these 2 beaches and neighbouring establishments because they are what they are.... NUDE BEACHES

if you all uptight about the natural human body, or someone next to you smoking a plant lol there is always Hapuna or Mauna Kea Beach Parks for the midwest/biblebelt-like tourist kine

I personally ONLY go to Kehena (and Makena) for the (exaggerated) reasons stated in posts above

dont like it, dont go !!!

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha

RE: Kahena robbery - birdmove - 11-25-2013

A friend of mine drowned at Kehena Beach on a Sunday when he dove in the water to help someone else that was in trouble. They never found his body. The gent that is one of the owners of Aloha Fitness told me he almost drowned there shortly after he moved here. And he said he was a very strong swimmer. I haven't been to that beach. I'm a 60 year old geezer now that doesn't swim very well, and darn sure doesn't want to show his nude body to anyone.
But I had heard stories about that area being pretty rough. Something about a gang of thugs with Russian accents beating on people.

Jon in Keaau/HPP

Definitely never. Never. Ever. Ever. Never swim alone at kehena. Don't even get in the water if you are not confident(even if its a sunday and the beach is crowded), the surf is very dangerous and can suck you under the water and tumble you until you don't know which way is up! Also big waves come in and smash you up on the rocky beach also potentially causing a tumble.

I'd recommend being able to sprint in / out of the water as the break is receding post swell for entrance and exit.

Also dolphins can and will drown you. Don't pretend they are unicorns.

All that said its not much worse than many other parts of the island i've swum - also I have encountered days there when the surf was calm and you could see to the bottom hundreds of feet out!