Punaweb Forum
Hawaiian Acres Road 5 and C Alert - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hawaiian Acres Road 5 and C Alert (/showthread.php?tid=12774)

Pages: 1 2

Hawaiian Acres Road 5 and C Alert - rawvegan - 12-02-2013

My land is near 5 and c.
people have been coming on to my land.
one night i decided to camp out. bad idea. they came on to my property around 1:30 am 2 weeks ago and started throwing stuff at the tent. i called the cops they came and i packed up and left.
since then my no trespassing signs are continually being torn down.
i'm feeling the need to resort to a gun for personal protection. I'd really like to find a way to catch whoever is doing this. I am not violent and don't want to resort to violence but i will if it means keeping my wife and i safe while working on the land.
keep an eye out if you're nearby.

RE: Hawaiian Acres Road 5 and C Alert - Carey - 12-02-2013

There are videos surveillance systems (some solar - even with motion active lights, some long term battery "game cameras") that could help ID (but not actually 'catch' the people...

Land squatters & people who do not want "close neighbors" have always been a problem... & kids sneaking onto a property they are not supposed to...well that is ingrained in their adolescence (though they really have no common sense at all at that age!)

This is one of the big reasons to really know your neighbors, & have them .... indebted.... to you for at least small favors (things like bringing them treats ... or having a neighbors party... or watching their kid(s)...OK, that may be extreme...but you get the idea...) It is amazing how people that would not care anything about your lot may want to help you out & watch it...

Also why soo many here recommend using a lockable container for your stuff while you build...otherwise it can & most likely will grow legs before you close on your house (when we moved here in '05 there was one case of someone running down a fence & taking out ALL of the installed plumbing fixtures, kitchen equipment, trim & doors after a house was finaled but just before the owner/builders moved in Orchindland...

This is a big buyer/builder be aware... We have found videos to be much more effective than we would have thought...it seems those that want to mess with a place actually watch the cameras - when we took down the one of our cameras we had on a neighbors house (they asked us to have the camera on while they were out of town), someone took the opportunity to break into that neighbors' place while they were gone... happened before without camera, but not when a camera was on their place...so now we are looking at reworking our camera mounts again....

RE: Hawaiian Acres Road 5 and C Alert - Guest - 12-02-2013

First of all I would like to welcome you to Puna, secondly I will welcome you both to the Jungle. You need to get a dog or two, new signs, fill out a complaint form at your local police station, buy two camera's, And try to be respectful every way you can. Now allow for some Hawaiian time to pass, and stay connected to your land as much as possible. Now don't expect any miracles this season or think you will see the boys in blue EVER on your road. Only a last resort should you bring a gun to a stuff throwing battle unless you don't mind being shot at back. Try talking story with this group, they may just be your neighbors upset you haven't introduced yourself with a fruit cake yet. Hope your situation improves and be thankful your not shoveling snow. Go easy rawvegan.

RE: Hawaiian Acres Road 5 and C Alert - Guest - 12-02-2013

Over the last several years, I have personally enjoyed the uninvited/non-neighbor/unknown visitors reaction to my welcoming committee of Mr. and Mrs. Rottweiler and at various times over the years, with their "brood" in tow!

RE: Hawaiian Acres Road 5 and C Alert - AKpilot - 12-02-2013

My Grandpa used to take care of trespassers on the farm up to no good with a shotgun and some rock salt. If they were poor folks quietly looking to take an apple or 2 but too ashamed to ask him, it was no problem.

We're all here, because we're not all there!

RE: Hawaiian Acres Road 5 and C Alert - rawvegan - 12-02-2013

yeah so i've met most of all the neighbors.
if its teenagers then by all means let them have their fun. id just like to know who it is.
it seems wither like a neighbor or teens but you never know.
i will be filing another report about the signs tomorrow.
good to keep a record incase something terrible does go down.
i am respectful dont care what others are doing on property keep to my own property etc. im not bulldozing it im not cuttind down natives and spraying pesticides everywhere. i just cant figure out why. the camera idea is good. i thought about motion sensor lights. i'll definitely look into the cameras. thanks

RE: Hawaiian Acres Road 5 and C Alert - dragon2k - 12-02-2013

Dogs.

RE: Hawaiian Acres Road 5 and C Alert - rawvegan - 12-02-2013

dogs on the list

RE: Hawaiian Acres Road 5 and C Alert - Carey - 12-02-2013

Although dogs have some abilities, they do need some way of confinement (fence, chain, a lot of training) then you have to keep them healthy & fed (If you are not yet living there, you have more things to worry about)

And there is no guarantee.... you may get a putty tat doggie even from a "killer" breed... & the "visitors" could "borrow", maim or kill the dog...

but having a dog is a great way to realize how important a walk on a beautiful sunny day is, and how tasty wood table legs can be and how useless a clean floor is.... but I digress (per usual ;~)

RE: Hawaiian Acres Road 5 and C Alert - bananahead - 12-02-2013

camping???
Im near 2 and C... I drive that C road almost everyday, is your lot a raw lot, if not which one is it on left or right? not many homes along C as thats where the creek is on the left side going down... and theres only a couple on the right side the whole ways...

If me Id just try for ID the house the kooks come from and go to... or if car, get plate #
sometimes you just need for be crazier than these fakas too, ...put up Kapu signs and some pig skulls

beside throwing crap at ur tent what else they do?, do they mess up property when you not there?, steal plants??

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha