Punaweb Forum
Medical Marijuana - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Medical Marijuana (/showthread.php?tid=12928)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Medical Marijuana - Guest - 01-03-2014

Thoughts ?

Does anyone have a medical card on this site ?

Do most people in Puna bother to get one ?

RE: Medical Marijuana - kapohokent - 01-03-2014

Do not know that much. Kind of odd I understand with license you can use but there is nowhere legally to buy. You have to grow your own, also nowhere to legally buy plants or seeds. Of course , easy enough to buy from individuals on the black market. Wonder if there will ever be dispensaries, clubs, etc.

RE: Medical Marijuana - DanielP - 01-03-2014

It is significantly effective for relief of a variety of ailments. First hand knowledge with Chemo-therapy side effects.

The Police entering the political arena against legalization makes my blood boil!

I am not a user myself.

RE: Medical Marijuana - oink - 01-03-2014

A friend and former coworker who has serious health issues swears by it. He has a prescription for marinol(sp?) but greatly prefers tea, as in a cup of tea, made from plant as it supposedly has less psychoactive effect. I saw on a TV special that someone developed a strain that has little psychoactive effect but high levels of the stuff that helps medically. Of course stoners wouldn't be interested in that. I wish he could get that strain legally.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.

RE: Medical Marijuana - Guest - 01-03-2014

You are ill informed oink, not surprisingly. Stoners love the non psychoactive medical pot, that's what gets them "stoned" and makes cancer patients feel better. The psychoactive pot is what gets people "high" , gives them more energy and creativity, favored by artists, adventurers and school teachers trying to come up with decent lesson plans.

RE: Medical Marijuana - oink - 01-03-2014

Yeah, ok....

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.

RE: Medical Marijuana - geochem - 01-04-2014

quote:
Originally posted by afwjam

.... The psychoactive pot is what gets people "high" , gives them more energy and creativity, favored by artists, adventurers and school teachers trying to come up with decent lesson plans.

jeeze, I must have gotten the wrong stuff - every time - all it it did for me was make me stupid, silly, incompetent, sleepy, forgetful, and stupid...

RE: Medical Marijuana - Derrick Barnicoat - 01-04-2014

quote:
Originally posted by afwjam

You are ill informed oink, not surprisingly. Stoners love the non psychoactive medical pot, that's what gets them "stoned" and makes cancer patients feel better. The psychoactive pot is what gets people "high" , gives them more energy and creativity, favored by artists, adventurers and school teachers trying to come up with decent lesson plans.

You got it kinda right. It is the indica strain that is used as a pain killer because of the higher thc content. It tends to be a heavier feeling like an opiate.

Sativa is the energetic high and makes people chatty and philosophical. It also has more cannabadiol which has been shown to help kill cancer cells and also helps treat ms, seizures and other illnesses. Cannabadiol is considered the medicinal part of the plant and with in the past five years plants that are high in cannabadiol and low in thc have been made to make medical products for the elderly and children since it is non psychoactive without the presence of thc yet it still maintains the medical benefits.

THC on it's own is really not much fun. It causes a sort of nightmarish high but in conjunction with even trace amounts of cannabadiol it becomes the giggling happy high that made the plant famous. So the balance of indica to saliva and thc to cannabadiol is what makes all the different strains different.

RE: Medical Marijuana - ourdoc - 01-04-2014

The other difference is Marijuana is a God given plant, Marinol is a synthetic drug that most who use it, hate and say it does NOT help. The part that gets me is according to the patients, and I've worked with many including a few relatives who died from cancer, say Marinol has no real medicinal properties, yet the DEA says the same thing about the marijuana that Marinol is supposed to replace. If the synthetic part is based on marijuana, how can marijuana have no medicinal purpose?

As far as tea, the best for relief of nausea has been found to be the sun leafs not bud, the part that most pot growers throw away as the plant grows, the big broad leafs. On the other hand, a known side affect from Marinol is seizures (which marijuana helps control). Most of those who use it for pain/nausea relief do NOT want to get high, that's the personal use people. And the drugs they give you for nausea, are usually antihistamines, which put you to sleep... For real patients, tea is the preferred method.

RE: Medical Marijuana - Derrick Barnicoat - 01-04-2014

It's because when Marinol was developed people knew only about THC so they synthesized that which is not the most healing part of the plant. There are so many other elements that make marijuana the wonderful plant that it is. Yes the undried, uncured, plant will not get a person noticeably high because the thc is only present as thc-a which the body can't metabolize with out heat (thus the drying and burning/vaporization/cooking process in order to get high), but the medicinal benefits can be harnessed by running the leaves and buds through a wheat grass style juicer (single auger). This is good for patients who are elderly and children because it has no psychoactive effect when taken raw. This is also great for folks who have alsheimers or dementia. Marijuana helps remove the plaques and tangles of the brain tissue and acidity levels within the body which tend to be causes of rapidly developing alsheimers. Also acidity and lack of oxygen in the body allow for the perfect environment for cancer to form. Marijuana dilates the capillaries, when smoked or eaten, allowing more oxygen and balances acidity levels in the body when consumed raw.