Punaweb Forum
Puna expecting any time now?? - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Puna expecting any time now?? (/showthread.php?tid=13699)

Pages: 1 2 3

Puna expecting any time now?? - Guest - 05-27-2014

Warning population increase, Thought this day would never come?.

Today is the day our first and only daughter is due. We had our first child ( boy) some 15 years ago, one of the greatest moments of our lives. 15 years ago We had a girls name picked out as well as a boys name, for we never knew our blessing until the blessing arrived. Today, or sometime soon we may whisper the name ------.

Got our bag together with things like extra pillows for comfort, Coffee ground, car seat loaded, extra clothes for possible stay. Even though we will be going through this for our fifth and final time we are excited, nervous, and ready to start this journey for ------. Can't say enough about Hilo hospital and staff, They have been wonderful for each of our four sons birthday's. We find ourselves comfortable and ready for this incredible blessing we are about to receive.

Maybe thought we could have had better jobs, maybe owned a bigger home, or more cars. Maybe we haven't changed the world yet the way we thought?. Thinking about holding our little girl ------ here shortly, we feel everything is about to change, time will stand still or be forgotten for a moment, then start ticking differently(faster?) with every precious second. [Smile]

P.S. For 15 years we've liked the name MALIA, or MALEAH?. we are leaning on the latter Maleah. Just thought we would share something happy. Please if you have advise on anything please chime in, for we could use the reminders and its always nice to laugh.

Still waiting, still smiling.

RE: Puna expecting any time now?? - Tink - 05-27-2014

Congrats!!! A Father/daughter relation is much different than a Father/son relationship in its own unique way as you will soon find out in the next chapter of your life. This is not to scare you, but to assure you that it is indeed a wonderful time ahead. Embrace it!

Are you a human being, or a human doing?

RE: Puna expecting any time now?? - Kelena - 05-27-2014

Congratulations on this thrilling news. I'm happy for you. Malia is a beautiful and common name that will be quickly recognized and understood locally. Whatever name you intend to bestow on your baby, I recommend you make her life a little easier by choosing the conventional spelling of that name, rather than a phonetic spelling or a cute spelling unique to you. This spares her having to correct those who presume the common spelling of the name. M-a-l-i-a is the common spelling.

Advice: None. She will obviously be welcomed into the world with love. That's the most important thing you can give a child.

RE: Puna expecting any time now?? - Delta9r - 05-27-2014

Congratulations! Best wishes to you & yours.
Aloha

"Life is labor, and all that is good in life comes from that labor..."

RE: Puna expecting any time now?? - Frankie Stapleton - 05-27-2014

Wonderful commentary! I too recommend the spelling Malia or Malie, emphasis on the first syllable. The Pukui dictionary lists its meaning as: calm, quiet, serene, pacific, still, silent, tranquil, gentle, gradual; calmly, slowly, softly, quietly.

RE: Puna expecting any time now?? - james weatherford - 05-27-2014

Congratulations!
Already being a parent, you know that you are embarking on a journey unlike any other.

RE: Puna expecting any time now?? - csgray - 05-27-2014

Please do not use such an unusual spelling that your child will have to spend her education correcting both spelling and pronunciation for her teachers! It happens all the time and as one of my daughters will attest it gets really old by the time you get to college.

Carol

RE: Puna expecting any time now?? - unknownjulie - 05-27-2014

Glad you finally got your girl! My prayers are with you.

RE: Puna expecting any time now?? - dmbwest - 05-27-2014

Arm pumping !!!! YEAH MAN !!!

Mahalo for keeping us all in the loop ... Waiting to hear good news !

I hear ya on Maleah, its cool, but since you asked, I would also vote for Malia as well.

Best wishes for health and happiness to all your ohana.
aloha,
pog

RE: Puna expecting any time now?? - Chas - 05-27-2014

quote:
Originally posted by csgray

Please do not use such an unusual spelling that your child will have to spend her education correcting both spelling and pronunciation for her teachers! It happens all the time and as one of my daughters will attest it gets really old by the time you get to college.

Carol

I've also heard that colleges can be prejudiced when an application has a name that is... "unusual".