Punaweb Forum
dues dues dues - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: dues dues dues (/showthread.php?tid=13783)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

dues dues dues - Guest - 06-12-2014

we all have to pay our dues in life and in society ,, we know it and we live with it,,,from tag fees to land taxes, its all just dues !

my suggestion and I hope others will see the clarity of this approach is simple,,,, as in lake havasu and many subdivisions in the united states,,, dues are required and enforced. this is for the good of everyone who buys into these areas ,, the mandatory dues are for the greater good,,, fixing and maintaining the roads,,the infrastructure and the amenities ,, things we all like and desire to have and use, community center,,picnic area ,, shelter for children waiting on the bus to school,, bus stops along a bus route thru the acres ,, playground equipment , ect ect ect . I propose a 100 dollars a year due schedule for every developed lot in the acres, to go to the community association,, also another 100 dollars for the road corp. every year . these dues should be mandatory and to ensure that the developers and speculators and landowners all pay their share ,, a lien against the property should be taken by the community association . anyone with verifiable inability to pay these fees should be exempt of course and that should cover us old timers and grandfather folks that came before the mandatory dues. all new land owners and buyers and especially speculators would of course have to abide by the rules fee and regulations .

we all know that this idea is coming and should have been done long ago,,,, im willing and so is everyone else that can see a better acres in the future ,,, so tell me what you think.

RE: dues dues dues - DanielP - 06-12-2014

Some folks don't have the extra $ and some folks don't want what you are calling improvements and amenities.
Dues and fees need to be established before lots are sold. Too late now. Lots of folks want things left as they are. Many newer residents want to change things so it is more like where they came from. It's a matter of different sensibilities.

RE: dues dues dues - Guest - 06-13-2014

Lived in the Acres for over 20 years.

Love it - just as it is.

And I sure as hell don't need (or want) some idiot who has to stoop to the pre-teen boys sandbox playing immature need to name himself "MOOSECOCK" to start "mandating" mandatory fees.

you are right ,, some folks don't have the money and they can and would be exempted . change is inevitable ,, cant dodge change forever and most times change is good for everyone when everyone gets to vote on those changes. I bet there isn't one owner that wouldn't like to see their road improved, maintained and the amenities mentioned. ok so you don't have children that ride the bus or want to play at the playground,,, others do and should have those cool things the extra money would bring in.

wow ken,,, you are an idiot,,,, iv been here 17 years ,,, and we all need the improvements that the mandated mandatory fees would bring,,, and by the way my wife named me moosecock, after her grandfather from Scotland where moosecock is not a sandbox moniker , but a family name with 300 years of respect and use,,, I even have a kilt,,,, no peeking you silly monkey,,, next meeting we have remind me and ill show you why the name is both respectable and appropriate .

RE: dues dues dues - dmbwest - 06-13-2014

I dont want my road(s) improved and the rain maintains them just fine.

well pog ,, if you like the rough road going to your house,,,then by all means continue to do just as you have been doing and try not to grouse to much as progress and new neighbors roll right over your carcass .

RE: dues dues dues - 2bad4u - 06-13-2014

No dues for your nasty pocket !

RE: dues dues dues - birchl - 06-13-2014

MC, please ignore 2bad4everyone. On the subject of dues, Daniel is right. Compulsory payments only favor those with money. Those that are already struggling will be pushed under. One suggestion I saw that might make sense is payments based on the land tax. As I understand it that would at least favor those struggling to put a home together over those buying a tax right off or a vacation home?

#10048;

RE: dues dues dues - kalakoa - 06-13-2014

No.

The proper place for cost/benefit analysis of mandatory dues is real estate disclosure.

Lots of people (myself included) like the rugged lifestyle afforded by a lack of road maintenance. Newcomers who think this will change are the ones in the wrong. People who want nicely maintained roads and other amenities should buy property in places that have those things. Simple as that.

Compare/contrast: buy a house near the airport, then complain that the airport is noisy and should be shut down -- it doesn't work that way, and there is plenty of legal precedent. This same principle should be applied to all existing circumstances.