Punaweb Forum
Little Fire Ant Treatment - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Little Fire Ant Treatment (/showthread.php?tid=14126)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Little Fire Ant Treatment - DoryGray - 08-05-2014

I live in upper HPP & was inundated w/ little fire ants. My neighbor referred me to Zackary the Fire Ant Guy 808-443-6008. I know of 3 different people & myself who are completely satisfied w/ his treatment. I had stopped working in the yard, everything was overgrown, I couldn't touch the chicken coop - they covered the entire acre. First, I am not related, getting paid or anything else for this referral. I believe in sharing positive information & decreasing suffering. He charges $40 per treatment & suggests up to 5 treatments for a bad infestation. The bait is OK around animals & food crops. He just finished my 3rd treatment & my yard is safe to go in again. He has a dedicated team just for HPP. He is on time, honest & listens to you. I can't say enough about how good it feels to go in the yard & not get attacked by fire ants.

RE: Little Fire Ant Treatment - dchanmer - 08-05-2014

Mahalo, Dory! Great info!

RE: Little Fire Ant Treatment - Andrew - 08-05-2014

That's awesome. Will definitely keep his number on hand. mahalo

RE: Little Fire Ant Treatment - maud gonne - 09-25-2014

I have tried several times to contact Zachary, left messages on his voice mail and my caretaker has as well. Have never gotten a call back. He must be inundated with requests (?)Does anyone have an "in" with him - I need his services desperately.

RE: Little Fire Ant Treatment - Royall - 09-25-2014

His guy for HPP has come out 3 times so far... never a problem getting in touch with Zachary. Usually goes to a machine but they always call back. 443 6008

RE: Little Fire Ant Treatment - maud gonne - 09-25-2014

Just heard from my caretaker that he's scheduled to come! A very welcome piece of news.

RE: Little Fire Ant Treatment - punalvr - 09-25-2014

Thank you for the info! I also let my yard go because of the ants.. I didn't want to use pellets, since my dogs and chickens love that stuff.
Do you guys know how he makes his poison pet proof?
That is my only concern.
So, is it 40 bucks per acre?

RE: Little Fire Ant Treatment - Royall - 09-25-2014

40 bucks with one structure, 60 if there is a 2nd structure (permanent) IE detached garage as in my case.

RE: Little Fire Ant Treatment - Rob Tucker - 09-25-2014

What does anyone recommend for fire ant bites. I got my hands in a nest of them and am not comfortable.

RE: Little Fire Ant Treatment - opihikao - 09-25-2014

Mr. Tucker, try some mouthwash (sounds weird, but works) on the bites, or vinegar, Sir. Or a paste made from water and baking soda applied for a few minutes to alleviate the pain.

So sorry, those bites really are awful!!

Take good care.