Punaweb Forum
DAILY After the Storms Get-Together AM & PM - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: DAILY After the Storms Get-Together AM & PM (/showthread.php?tid=14177)

Pages: 1 2

DAILY After the Storms Get-Together AM & PM - Carey - 08-09-2014

REVISED We have realized that many may need a time to "recharge", Esp before and after work

So we thought 'Why not have an open house?'

We can offer hot coffee, lilikoi lemonade, electricity, Internet, antennae TV, warm showers BBQ grills, ice blocks to go & power... Well what better excuse is needed?

These will potluck type, but understand some are not able to bring stuff, chairs if can... there should still be enough-

Our house is in Keaau town, corner of Milo & Ohe, directly down from the Puna Hongwanji
Add

Come if you can, POSTING BELOW IF YOU MIGHT ATTEND WILL HELP W/ PLANS, but we totally get if you just show up...

As most know, the house isn't finished

We do ask that there is no smoking & nothing illegal on our property..

RE: DAILY After the Storms Get-Together AM & PM - Hunt Stoddard - 08-10-2014

Could not make it, but much thanks for the offer. Hope you had a wonderful time.

RE: DAILY After the Storms Get-Together AM & PM - Carey - 08-10-2014

There were four of us, 2 showers for those without power (one HPP & one HB/HP/HS/HSRE resident), computers fired up & internet used.. a nice dinner group, & ice blocks sent down to share with neighbors, everyone headed back before the dark so not to travel down those roads at night...

WE STILL HAVE ~10-20# ICE BLOCKS, if anyone needs - esp tonight

RE: DAILY After the Storms Get-Together AM & PM - Royall - 08-10-2014

Hey Carey... Thanks for the shower and ono grinds!! Jim did a great job on the grill!!

RE: DAILY After the Storms Get-Together AM & PM - Carey - 08-10-2014

Jimbo is the grill miester...When I have grill duty...well briquets & food soon meld...

RE: DAILY After the Storms Get-Together AM & PM - redefinehappy - 08-11-2014

Carey,
Thank you so much for this offer, it made us feel a little bit less alone in our little Nanawale destruction zone. We had planned on coming by yesterday but ended up working for far too long on our debris-strewn yard. Thank you for being so kind and letting people (like us!) know they aren't alone in all this mess.
Mahalo,
Allison & Josh

Cheers
-Allison

I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them.
- Isaac Asimov

RE: DAILY After the Storms Get-Together AM & PM - punagirl - 08-11-2014

Wow Carey! That is so generous. You really have the neighborly aloha spirit.

Atlanta/Pahoa

RE: DAILY After the Storms Get-Together AM & PM - nana valley - 08-11-2014

Carey, THANK YOU for sharing your home comforts with our Puna people! God bless you plentiful for this. I moved off the island three weeks ago and am trying to send information via my cell to my dear friends from my church in Pahoa. I let one woman know about your ice. She, like so many others, are desperate for ice right now. I gave her your number (hope that is okay)and she might give you a call.

I wish I could do more from here. I have been resending all the help information from here in Alabama to the people I know who have no power, water, communications except cell phone. I have texted them all with information. If I can do anything else, please let me know.

And to Punatalk. Much Mahalo for putting the information on here!!! [8D]

He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.

RE: DAILY After the Storms Get-Together AM & PM - Carey - 08-11-2014

Yes it is OK to share, we are trying to help as many as need, without going into the areas that do not need any extra vehicles....

RE: DAILY After the Storms Get-Together AM & PM - Guest - 08-11-2014

You're the best Carey, wish I had seen this, I would have come say hi!