Punaweb Forum
Paradise Park - Robbery / Help Needed - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Paradise Park - Robbery / Help Needed (/showthread.php?tid=14415)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Paradise Park - Robbery / Help Needed - opihikao - 09-04-2014

FYI: This is a family asking for help to get back stolen items:

Friends and family, my family is humbly asking for your help. This past Labor Day weekend my parent's house in Paradise Park was broken into while they were on a family camping trip. Their back door and screen door was punched through and my father's most loved gun was stolen. It is a Ruger scout bolt action .308 caliber gun with a revenge scope. The gun, scope and the case were stolen. It is worth over $1000 and there are not many of these caliber guns on the island. This is a picture of the gun and the case and some of the damage to their door. We're asking if you see anything on Facebook or Craigslist of anyone selling a gun, scope, or case, please let us know or let the police know. A police report has been made. My father just wants his gun back. Thank you for taking the time to read this, and if you could share it over Facebook our family would greatly appreciate it.

https://www.facebook.com/brittnie.toloumu

(*Pictures at link)

Mahalo. These bloody thieves! Ugh![Sad!]

JMO.

RE: Paradise Park - Robbery / Help Needed - Guest - 09-04-2014

How would they know to just buss open the door for a gun unless they know you ?

RE: Paradise Park - Robbery / Help Needed - ericlp - 09-04-2014

eh? da buss never stop for you? Please be under it with all your assumptions!!!

Oh, hope he gets his property back.

-------------------------
To email me click on Link http://is.gd/QMfVEX

RE: Paradise Park - Robbery / Help Needed - reni - 09-04-2014

Opihikao,
Thank you for the post. I was unable to log onto the link provided, not sure if others are having difficulty or not.
Could you give us more information about the break in, please? Date, location ? I belong to a small hpp neighborhood watch group and pass on all reliable info posted on Punatalk regarding burglaries and or lose dogs to our group. MAHALO!

Or avoid the question?

Maybe they were magic robbers who could see through walls to know there was a gun in there to take. Got to be careful of those X-ray vision robbers, they are the most dangerous. If other stuff was stolen why was it not listed ?

RE: Paradise Park - Robbery / Help Needed - opihikao - 09-04-2014

quote:
Originally posted by reni

Opihikao,
Thank you for the post. I was unable to log onto the link provided, not sure if others are having difficulty or not.
Could you give us more information about the break in, please? Date, location ? I belong to a small hpp neighborhood watch group and pass on all reliable info posted on Punatalk regarding burglaries and or lose dogs to our group. MAHALO!

There wasn't anymore on the notice posted, (re; time, location, etc.) That was the entire message above. That's a great service you all are doing! The more eyes and ears the better. I'm so sick of these people (especially in this trying time) who have no respect.

I'll try and find out more, and will advise. Be well.

JMO.

RE: Paradise Park - Robbery / Help Needed - HereOnThePrimalEdge - 09-04-2014

I'm no expert on burglaries, but I would imagine most thieves find a house they consider the easiest target (no one home), and hope they find something valuable inside. Guns, electronics, jewelry, money seem to be at the top of their list. Sofas and knickknacks, not so much.

opihikao, I hope your family gets some leads on the theft. Since it's an unusual item they probably have a better than average chance, especially if they contact the local gun shops and pawn shops.

RE: Paradise Park - Robbery / Help Needed - csgray - 09-04-2014

"Maybe they were magic robbers who could see through walls to know there was a gun in there to take. Got to be careful of those X-ray vision robbers, they are the most dangerous. If other stuff was stolen why was it not listed ?"

Maybe they just picked a house that seemed to have no one home (easy to find on a 3 day weekend) and the valuable thing they found to take was the gun. We used to live in a community where well over 25% of the households had firearms (you could buy guns and ammo at garage sales too) so burglars had a 1 in 4 chance of finding guns. The single most common item to be stolen was firearms, followed by laptops and personal electronics.

Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb

Strange someone would break into a house and take only a Rifle IN its locker, which should be very heavy and probably bolted to the floor, unless it was someone who knew and targeted that item. You are telling me they didn't have a computer ? Or a TV ? Or any jewelry ? Or a gaming system ? Or a laptop ?

All which could be easily snagged and ran with, but instead the robber decided to just take a gun locker ?

If it smells fishy, there is probably fish. I bet its someone you know or has been to the house recently. All of which is sh*tty, and it sucks to be robbed, its a horrible feeling. Never the less, I would start looking at people I knew, if that's the case.

RE: Paradise Park - Robbery / Help Needed - justthefacts - 09-04-2014

sad about the gun dont think it will turn up for sale here , the thief wanted it for their own use , hunting i would guess.
selfie lighten up , it gets old fast