Punaweb Forum
Nanawale fee - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Nanawale fee (/showthread.php?tid=16022)

Pages: 1 2

Nanawale fee - leilaniguy - 05-31-2015

Looked at a listing for a Nanawale lot the other day and it mentioned a $200 "title transfer fee" from each purchaser on top of the $89 annual fee. Looked on their website and sure enough. Why and what for other than nobody has sued yet? It makes those cheap lots even less desirable.

RE: Nanawale fee - VancouverIslander - 05-31-2015

Drive the roads of Nanawale. Then drive the roads of Eden Roc (no mandatory road fees). Now tell me why and what for. Honestly, does a one time $200 fee make that big of a difference?

Just call me Mike

RE: Nanawale fee - kalakoa - 05-31-2015

Nanavale has CC&Rs, they can impose fees as they see fit.

RE: Nanawale fee - Lee M-S - 05-31-2015

HA charges $25 title transfer. At least they did when we bought.
Should be a simple change in a database.

><(((*< ... ><(("< ... ><('< ... >o>

RE: Nanawale fee - leilaniguy - 05-31-2015

Well, I guess I was just surprised by it. I've owned land there in the past and the only fee was $35 for roads and that public urinal they call a swimming pool. I lived there a couple of years and the grader/mower never came by, ever. I own a lot in Hawaiian Beaches that is on a paved road with mail service and has a water meter, no fees or CCR's. It is also almost twice as large as those postage stamp lots in Nanawale.

RE: Nanawale fee - kalakoa - 05-31-2015

HA charges $25 title transfer.

The difference being that HA has no legal authority to levy this fee.

Should be a simple change in a database.

TMK database operated by County, albeit possible that the subdivision maintains their own.

RE: Nanawale fee - Lee M-S - 05-31-2015

Subdivisions don't collect fees for county, which are paid at closing.

Although sometimes closing includes the subdivision fees.
If so, make sure they get paid to the subdivision.
We were charged the fees, but title company didn't pay them and we had to hassle with title co to get the money back.

RE: Nanawale fee - justthefacts - 06-01-2015

Hawaiian acres increased their fees , i think it is now $100.00 for the association and $100.00 for the road HARC they are making bank on it and correct Kala they have no legal right to charge any fees.

RE: Nanawale fee - Justin - 06-01-2015

Leilani Estates also has a one-time title transfer fee. My guess is that they figure they're most likely to get paid fees right at the beginning, when a new owner is used to paying for this and that.

RE: Nanawale fee - SuperGu - 06-02-2015

So the 'cheapest' lot in Nanawale is $2,800 for something less than a 1/5 acre lot (.18). But what's the real cost? Can't build a shack there - association won't allow it. Have to build minimum 1,000 sq/ft permitted home. But here is the real kicker - must have septic, no cesspool allowed. That's going to cost you big time.

My O, not worth it.