Punaweb Forum
cafe in Mountain View? - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: cafe in Mountain View? (/showthread.php?tid=16205)

Pages: 1 2 3

cafe in Mountain View? - kalakoa - 07-23-2015

Whenever I go to Mountain View for ethanol-free gas, I pass by something that looks like a cafe, on Highway 11 just above Kukui Camp Road (but before the Coffee Mill). Small white house, right on the highway.

I have yet to see it obviously "open", and they haven't posted any hours (yet?) ... does anyone know more about it?

RE: cafe in Mountain View? - Lee M-S - 07-23-2015

White house, lavender trim...

It's sometimes open when I go by, but I haven't stopped in. Window signs say something about sandwiches.

><(((*< ... ><(("< ... ><('< ... >o>

RE: cafe in Mountain View? - ElysianWort - 07-23-2015

Is it the one next to the Dan Deluz wood shop? Must be I think this is in the same area you speak of. I ate there for breakfast a few times. Nothing special, kind of a quickie diner type of menu. I only went because the ex liked that kind of food. Here's what ticked me off about that place. I order orange juice as part of my breakfast and they serve me that disgusting "Sunny D" in a glass.

RE: cafe in Mountain View? - bluesboy - 07-24-2015

you're referring the koa cafe, or something like that. it's on the mauka side of the road. the original poster, i believe, is referring to the little shop on the makai side of the road. i don't consider it a real establishment because they have only two parking stalls that are only a few feet off the hwy. Truly an accident waiting to happen. For that reason i'll never stop there.

RE: cafe in Mountain View? - Lee M-S - 07-24-2015

The Koa Cafe has been closed for a couple of years, since Dan DeLuz died.

This area could use a nice cafe, but I agree about the parking at the new place.

><(((*< ... ><(("< ... ><('< ... >o>

RE: cafe in Mountain View? - kalakoa - 07-24-2015

The Koa Cafe has been closed for a couple of years, since Dan DeLuz died.

It looks like the shop is still open, I assumed the restaurant was closed because someone couldn't afford the septic upgrade when the rules changed a couple of years ago.

i don't consider it a real establishment because they have only two parking stalls that are only a few feet off the hwy.

It's close enough to the road that I can see a DoH PASS in the window when I drive by, and the RPT records show a tiny TMK zoned Commercial ... so apparently the "powers that be" don't believe it's too close and/or doesn't provide enough parking. (The TMK also shows permits for commercial kitchen and a septic upgrade...)

Also sounds like nobody's actually been there yet. Maybe next time I'll stop -- whether or not it seems "open".

RE: cafe in Mountain View? - Carey - 07-24-2015

The Koa Kaffee actually was closing before Dan died.
The income did not justify the expenses & their accountant recommended the closure. (we were there soon after the decision was made/ Sad but true, for any business owners there comes a time to make these types of decisions)

Have not been to the new cafe...have never been by when they looked open... may also stop in "just because" next time I go by...

RE: cafe in Mountain View? - shockwave rider - 07-24-2015

I think the Koa Cafe sits up above the highway and it isn't white with lavender trim.

Are you talking about the place on the Maikai side that has a one story and a two story building sort of cobbled together with the front door of the one story opening virtually on the road? That place has been through at least 3 owners in the last 12 years. One couple did a lot of work on the structures and were trying to sell bali imports, then it was for lease for a long time. I could see someone trying a sandwich shop, but it would be important to let people know you were there if you want them to stop.

RE: cafe in Mountain View? - lquade - 07-24-2015

yes, the sign says 'opening soon', then sometimes it looks open, then the opening soon which to me means a new business that isn't open for customers yet. terrible parking but if it is in and out might work for them. the parking has always been the big problem. when the side building was red tagged with previous owners, the smart thing would have been to tear it down and make parking. there is limited parking in the back, but you have to back out of the curved drive so that wouldn't work for most drivers i have seen here... it is the old tinny fischer place not the dan woods place.

RE: cafe in Mountain View? - jrw - 07-24-2015

the café has parking down behind it.

jrw