Punaweb Forum
Warriors - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Warriors (/showthread.php?tid=1636)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Warriors - Kahunascott - 12-02-2007

How about our Warriors? (U of H Football team) The only undefeated team left in the NCAA .
Last night’s game they fell back 21-0 in the first quarter only to come back and win.
Woooohoooo… Yes a bit of luck on the last play, but in most cases you need that little bit of luck to put you over the top. They never get the credit they deserve because they play a weak schedule in a weak division. Never the less they are undefeated! GO WARRIORS.
I think they are off to the Sugar Bowl.
We will find out mid day today.

"Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I look for my dreams and a pocket full of gold" Led Zeppelin

RE: Warriors - aikahimomma - 12-02-2007

absolutely awesome! GO BOWS! i haven't watched football in years but those last 2 games had me going...even could hear my neighbors yelling too!

RE: Warriors - Dave M - 12-02-2007

I didn't see the game yesterday but that Boise State game was great. As for their schedule, I think the fact that any or every team has the "option" of not playing them, if it's a home game for the Warriors, is out dated. Basicly, a travel concern, I guess.

Thats weak if you ask me. Whereas the Warriors have to make that travel every other week or so. If a college can't afford that kind of travel expense they shouldn't have a team in the NCAA.

As they get better I bet more teams decide that they "don't have funds in the budget" to travel to Hawaii. Just don't seem right.

Blessings,
dave

"Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield"

RE: Warriors - seekir - 12-02-2007

I thought the Warriors spirit was impressive last night. Colt was allowed very little time and battered a bit initially, but he and the O-line recovered their composure and managed a phenomenal comeback despite the early shock the powerful Huskies delivered. The Defense also recovered from the initial pounding and made a tremendous effort IMO. I would have been impressed even if they had allowed more Washington scoring and lost the game. As it was they managed to dig deep and pull a victory off against what seemed to me to be pretty tremendous odds.

RE: Warriors - punagirl - 12-02-2007

My flight left Oahu at 6:50 last night. The flight attended ask for a cheer and the plane went wild. The pilot kept everyone updated on the score. I am not a big football fan but someone said the may play UGA (University of GA) at the Sugar Bowl. Since most of my friends went to UGA if the two do play I am going to have a big luau. Now let me add that I am not even a football fan. Don't know the difference in the end zone vs the 50 yd line. But think it could be fun.

Off to bed now, very jet-lagged!!

Atlanta/Pahoa

RE: Warriors - Greg - 12-02-2007

It's Hawaii vs Georgia in the Sugar Bowl!!!!
Georgia is focusing on their being left out of the National championship game against Ohio State.

They're not concerned about playing some WAC creampuffs in January.

My prediction: Hawaii wins!

Imua Ke Koa.

RE: Warriors - olin137 - 12-02-2007

Georgia's offense is going to role right over Hawaii. On the other hand, I understand Georgia's pass defense is weak - so this could be quit an exciting game!

RE: Warriors - Guest - 12-05-2007

Anyone notice that this year we were 4-0 versus teams with Dog names, However, each of those games were very close?

La Tech - Bulldogs.... 45-44 (1 pt.)
Nevada - Wolfpack.... 28-26 (2 pts.)
Fresno St. - Bulldogs.... 37-30 (7 pts)
Washington - Huskies... 35-28 (7 pts)

Could this be a good sign for the Sugar Bowl? The Georgia team is the "Bulldogs" also.

RE: Warriors - Guest - 12-12-2007

Coach Jones is up for coach of the year!

The 2007 Paul Bear Bryant College Football Coach of the Year Finalists, in alphabetical order, are: Frank Beamer, Virginia Tech University; Sylvester “Sly” Croom, Mississippi State University; June Jones, University of Hawaii; Mark Mangino, University of Kansas; Les Miles, Louisiana State University; Gary Pinkel, University of Missouri and Ron Zook, University of Illinois.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071212/SPORTS/71212039/1006

Congrats to the team and to Coach Jones.

Let's hope he doesn't run off to UCLA as this report is saying he is interested.

Meanwhile, Hawaii coach June Jones let UCLA know he is interested in the vacant head coaching position, and he is a candidate of interest for Bruins athletic director Dan Guerrero, sources said.

-----------------
Coming home soon!

Edited by - damon on 12/12/2007 12:23:40

RE: Warriors - John S. Rabi - 12-12-2007

And, according to the Experts Mock Draft, Colt will be the 12th pick by Baltimoore.

Aloha,
John S. Rabi, ABR,CM,CRB,FHS,RB
http://www.JohnRabi.com
Typically Tropical Properties
"The Next Level of Service!"