Punaweb Forum
wow! 11 million! - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: wow! 11 million! (/showthread.php?tid=16485)

Pages: 1 2 3

wow! 11 million! - ericlp - 10-09-2015

Think of what hawaii could do with the extra revenue?

No, we gotta fund billions wasted on flying around busting people in this crappy state for no good reason other than to send them to court or jail wasting even more tax revenue.

Whata waste... Rant over...

http://m.ktvz.com/news/estimated-11-million-in-week-1-oregon-marijuana-sales/35734652

RE: wow! 11 million! - beejee - 10-09-2015

That's almost 6 times HPP annual road fees!!

RE: wow! 11 million! - alaskyn66 - 10-09-2015

I dont smoke the stuff.. i cant stand the smell.. or the taste.. but yes, you're right..states that have legalized got more money than they know how to spend. any kind of tax would bring needed revenue to the state...

Work..Consume...Obey - There's your meaning of life....

RE: wow! 11 million! - flyingsurfer - 10-09-2015

really the states get more money from pot than they know how to spend. That will be the day. lol

RE: wow! 11 million! - macuu222 - 10-09-2015

God knows they need something to help pay for rail...be it legalized pot or gambling.

RE: wow! 11 million! - terracore - 10-09-2015

At least with the state being the drug cartel, the money could go into politician's pipe dreams instead of the murdering and violence the money goes to now.

RE: wow! 11 million! - beejee - 10-09-2015

I would have to agree flyingsurfer, from the article, "For now, that money is tax-free. In January, a 25 percent tax on recreational pot will be added. That money will go to mental health, public schools, police and cities and counties with shops." I'm not sure how much money the states are making at this point, but I suspect it is much less that what we've been led to believe in the media as a pro side-effect of legalization.

RE: wow! 11 million! - alaskyn66 - 10-09-2015

quote:
Originally posted by flyingsurfer

really the states get more money from pot than they know how to spend. That will be the day. lol

there was an article about a year ago that Colorado was flush with tax revenue but didnt have the infrastructure set up to distribute the new found (tax wealth).

(..But I see your Sarcasm..)

As a side note... it would most likely take Hawaii county 10 years to figure out what to spend it on... if that ever happened here.

RE: wow! 11 million! - Frank - 10-09-2015

quote:
Originally posted by alaskyn66

quote:
Originally posted by flyingsurfer

there was an article about a year ago that Colorado was flush with tax revenue but didnt have the infrastructure set up to distribute the new found (tax wealth).

(..But I see your Sarcasm..)

As a side note... it would most likely take Hawaii county 10 years to figure out what to spend it on... if that ever happened here.

it would most likely take Hawaii county 10 years to figure out what to spend it on... if that ever happened here.

that's a shame and a crime

RE: wow! 11 million! - shockwave rider - 10-09-2015

quote:
Originally posted by beejee

I would have to agree flyingsurfer, from the article, "For now, that money is tax-free. In January, a 25 percent tax on recreational pot will be added. That money will go to mental health, public schools, police and cities and counties with shops." I'm not sure how much money the states are making at this point, but I suspect it is much less that what we've been led to believe in the media as a pro side-effect of legalization.

Oregon has no sales tax, so tobacco, alcohol and pot will be the only products that pay a sales tax once it kicks in. The SW Washington pot shops just over the border are already seeing a downturn in sales now that Portlanders don't have to drive over the bridge to buy recreational pot. It may not have been legal, but it must be easier than having to have a dealer on speed dial, which was just as illegal. My dad used to talk about the post prohibition era, it looked a lot like this for the first few years until things shook out into dry states and counties and wet ones.

Hawaii would make a lot of money off pot tourism if the politicians ever let it happen. Bed, bud and coffee instead of bed and breakfasts could really work for a lot of small farmers on all the islands if they didn't have to worry about getting busted and having their farms confiscated.