Punaweb Forum
Fire, volcanic, or just Geothermal? - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Fire, volcanic, or just Geothermal? (/showthread.php?tid=17194)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Fire, volcanic, or just Geothermal? - Guest - 05-10-2016

We had decided to drive down to the light house in kapoho this morning to watch the sunrise(5:45 a.m). We drove by the geothermal driveway going down around 5:15 a.m everything was fine with no signs of gas or smoke. The sunrise this morning was one of the best this year with no rain clouds obstructing the actual sunrise.
Driving back up the hill towards pahoa around 6:00 a.m the geothermal driveway area was in a cloud of smoke or gas that rose 20 feet high and was roughly 200-600 yards wide, very concerning as it was practically a white out. We watched Two other vehicles drive through this cloud very cautiously, one older woman really looked scared.
At first We thought maybe the geothermal had a fire or blowout but the cloud of gas didn't smell of smoke from a fire. We thought maybe it was volcanic(hot spot) but it didn't have any sulfuric smell to it either. By the time we reached lava tree park we were out of this cloud of smoke, or gas, and were able to see clearly again.
Has anyone here heard of anything that may have happened around the geothermal power plant this morning?

RE: Fire, volcanic, or just Geothermal? - Norm - 05-10-2016

Ever been in a FOG bank?

RE: Fire, volcanic, or just Geothermal? - Guest - 05-10-2016

Yes Norm, several times while driving over saddle road. This was no fog as it clearly had no moisture and had a blueish brown tint with wavy or broken cut lines throughout it. This smoke looking stuff also came about or moved in very quickly, probably disbursed slowly though as the wind was almost non existent.

RE: Fire, volcanic, or just Geothermal? - kalakoa - 05-10-2016

Pictures or it didn't happen.

RE: Fire, volcanic, or just Geothermal? - Kapoho Joe - 05-10-2016

Well you see now Gypsy, Ormat has had enough of your near constant bashing of their facility so you are clearly on their hit list now.

The extensive chemtrails research that has been conducted in Puna has provided Ormat with a localized, focused, steam-release tool which no doubt is what they attempted to use on you this morning.

I highly recommend sealing up all the windows and doors in your home with plastic sheeting and duct tape. Continue to shelter in place until the National Guard can rescue you. Oh and of course, stop using the internet (that's how they track you).

Good luck Gypsy, I just hope they don't escalate to sending a drone after you!

RE: Fire, volcanic, or just Geothermal? - HereOnThePrimalEdge - 05-10-2016

Ever been in a FOG bank?

gypsy, did you try rolling down the windows? To see if the "fog" was inside the car?

Oscar Wilde's Last Words: "Either this wallpaper goes, or I do."

RE: Fire, volcanic, or just Geothermal? - Guest - 05-10-2016

Lol kalakoa, I said the same thing to my better half after we drove through it. Sorry we didn't take pictures, but it did happen. We may need a 24\7 camera put up in that area of the geothermal power plants entrance, jmo. The Air monitors are apparently not set up correctly in the best locations or dont work during times of blowouts,fire's, or releases. The air monitors may not be set up in this area of concern I brought up?

RE: Fire, volcanic, or just Geothermal? - Punatic007 - 05-10-2016

Gypsy, they probably threw a lovely chemical brew into well/s for cleaning or other maintenance as they have done for decades. Who owns the wells now? The first owner was Israeli and even though they were continually fined, they continued to pour caustic chemicals into the wells which drifted off into the neighborhoods and perhaps even a few elementary schools causing bodily harm. The international standard for geothermal plants is at least 3 to 10 buffer zone. I guess the foreigners don't care if they poison their adjoining neighbors.

An active volcanic most especially with bordering residential/ag subdivision is the most irresponsible location for geothermal plants. That's why you folks get nice little surprises here and there. Good luck with that.

RE: Fire, volcanic, or just Geothermal? - kalakoa - 05-10-2016

bordering residential/ag subdivision is the most irresponsible location

Maybe if there were some kind of a fund to help people relocate further away from the geothermal plant? Or at least buy up the empty lots, to keep people from building there.

RE: Fire, volcanic, or just Geothermal? - leilanidude - 05-10-2016

Their are active steam vents all around that area - it was most likely a release from that. Purely natural...