Punaweb Forum
Things to do on July 4th on island - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Things to do on July 4th on island (/showthread.php?tid=17373)

Pages: 1 2

Things to do on July 4th on island - Carey - 06-30-2016

July 4, 2016
4th of JULY SILENT AUCTION BENEFIT - VOLCANO VILLAGE
SHAMELESS PLUG: I donated 2 `Alala cut-tile pieces, with images from Jack Jeffrey:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6x68f5d5h7t4mbv/Alala%20Berry%20Tile%20JJefrey.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jnruxzzxkv359g4/Alala%20tile%20JJeffrey.jpg?dl=0
So PLEASE go up & bid (really on any & everything!)
This annual fundraiser is a much anticipated part of Volcano's popular 4th of July parade and festival, which attracts hundreds of residents and visitors each year. The auction is held at the Cooper Center on Wright Road in Volcano Village. There is something for everyone at this fun and popular silent auction! Proceeds benefit Friends of Hawai`i Volcanoes National Park, a 501©(3) non-profit organization (tax deductible donations welcome through July 3). For more info, call 985-7373, email admin@fhvnp.org, or visit www.fhvnp.org

FOURTH OF JULY PARADE & CELEBRATION - VOLCANO VILLAGE
The parade will begin at 9 a.m. at the Volcano Post Office and proceed for one half mile along Old Volcano Road to Cooper Community Center, featuring the Hawaii County Band, floats, antique cars, fire engines, bicycles, horses, and animals in costumes! Music, games, food booths, craft fair and more. For more info, call (808) 967-7800.

HILO BAY BLAST
Family activities around the Hilo Bayfront, including games, cook-offs, music and more. Hawai`i County Band concert at Mo`oheau Bandstand at 7pm, followed by fireworks at 8pm over Hilo Bay. For more info, call 961-8706.

KAILUA-KONA INDEPENDENCE DAY PARADE & FIREWORKS EXTRAVAGANZA
The 21st Annual Kailua-Kona Independence Day Parade will take place on Monday, July 4, at 6:00 p.m., starting at the Kekuaokalani Gym/Pool Complex on Kuakini Highway. It will proceed south on Kuakini Highway, to Palani Road, to Ali'i Drive, and then south on Ali' Drive to Walua Road just past Coconut Grove Marketplace. The parade operates with an all-volunteer committee with the support of the Rotary Clubs of Kona. All are welcome, whether neighborhood and community groups, nonprofit groups or commercial entries. This year's theme is "Kona's got Spirit!." Along with musical entries and floats of all kinds, there will be multiple color guards and numerous members of the armed services as part of the parade. Immediately following the parade, there will be a grand Fireworks Extravaganza over Kailua Bay, provided by Hawai'i Pyrotechnics and Explosives, starting at 8:00 p.m. For more information about entering the parade, www.paradesinkona.com.

GREAT WAIKOLOA RUBBER DUCKIE RACE/BENEFIT - WAIKOLOA BEACH RESORT, KOHALA COAST
Held at the Kings' Shops at Waikoloa Beach Resort, this is a benefit for United Cerebral Palsy Assn. of Hawai`i. Free entertainment, fun games and exciting contests, from duck waddling to eating. Live entertainment, food booths and games. Adopt a duckie for the Duckie Race for a chance to win one of many fantastic prizes.

FAMILY FOURTH & FIREWORKS EXTRAVAGANZA - WAIKOLOA BEACH RESORT
The event continues at Waikoloa Beach Resort throughout the afternoon until the Fireworks Extravaganza over Waikoloa Bowl at 8pm. This is an alcohol and drug free event. For more information, call 886-8822, email spelfrey@waikoloaland.com or visit waikoloabeachresort.com

PARKER RANCH ANNUAL JULY 4th HORSERACES & RODEO
Big Island ranchers participate in fast-paced horseraces and rodeo events with Parker Ranch cowboys. Ribbon mugging, ranch mugging, dally team roping, Po'o Wai U and more. Keiki activities including roping practice and pony rides. Lots of food and mementos for sale at the Parker Ranch Store booth. Parker Ranch Rodeo Arena, Waimea. Pre-sale tickets available at the Parker Ranch Store in Waimea (at Parker Ranch Square). For more information, call 885-2323, email nguilloz@parkerranch.com or visit www.parkerranch.com.

RE: Things to do on July 4th on island - TomK - 06-30-2016

Things to do on July 4th on island

Keep your head down if you're British... [Wink]

RE: Things to do on July 4th on island - Lee M-S - 07-01-2016

I read that the all-time most-feared general of an enemy of England was George Washington.

So that's right, you'd better not come 'round here, you tea swiller! We kicked your @$$ back in '76, we can do it again!

Happy 4th, whatever it portends for you!

quote:
Originally posted by TomK

Things to do on July 4th on island

Keep your head down if you're British... [Wink]

><(((*< ... ><(("< ... ><('< ... >o>

RE: Things to do on July 4th on island - Chunkster - 07-01-2016

I don't know, Tom. You are probably safer here as a Brit in the wide open that you would be back in the UK. The Machiavellian back-stabbing and political chaos in the wake of the Brexit vote make any colonial sniping look absolutely tame.

RE: Things to do on July 4th on island - Carey - 07-01-2016

TomK...at least here you can go out totally adorned in the Union Jack & everyone will think you are celebrating with the state flag!

RE: Things to do on July 4th on island - alaskyn66 - 07-01-2016

You forgot to mention ..stay home .. with a bottle of wine and listen to the scanner on the internet.. most of the time.. its better than reality tv.

..What would King Kamehameha do..

RE: Things to do on July 4th on island - shockwave rider - 07-01-2016

Or staying home dealing with frightened pets, last year was the worst one ever in HPP, we are hoping Kapoho will be better.

RE: Things to do on July 4th on island - TomK - 07-01-2016

Thanks for the tips, everyone. On Monday I'll fly the Union Jack at half-mast over my house and out of respect will not drink any tea that day.

Have a very happy 4th July holiday weekend end, and make sure you have a jolly good time at our expense! [Wink]

RE: Things to do on July 4th on island - HereOnThePrimalEdge - 07-01-2016

I'll fly the Union Jack at half-mast over my house

Don't take it so hard Tom, you had a pretty good run! And that British Invasion of 1964 was an unqualified success, so I'd say we're even. (of course, sending over the Beatles & Stones was probably more of a win-win situation)

“There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them.”
-Joseph Brodsky

RE: Things to do on July 4th on island - EightFingers - 07-01-2016

I saw several "Mind the gap" signs at the new lava viewing area......