Punaweb Forum
HPP board recall petition - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: HPP board recall petition (/showthread.php?tid=17730)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

HPP board recall petition - Chas - 10-15-2016

We received a petition for a recall election for Jo Maynard. We don't live on the island yet and cannot attend the meetings.

The letter is pretty vague and we're not really sure who it's from. The return address is "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

Can someone give us some more information about this?

Thanks.

Edited to remove address even though I agree with JRW.

RE: HPP board recall petition - mermaid53 - 10-15-2016

Chas, please remove the mailing address in your post. That is private information. There is a committee handling the recall.

I believe the petition also stated if you had any questions to include your email adrs and you would be responded to.

Mahalo.

RE: HPP board recall petition - shockwave rider - 10-15-2016

Interesting, we still own a property in HPP and haven't gotten anything. I wonder how the mailing list was put together.

RE: HPP board recall petition - Chunkster - 10-15-2016

I think you have to own property in that particular district to be on their list. Of course, that doesn't mean that they couldn't miss you. If I lived in that district, I would most certainly sign the petition. It should have been done long ago.

RE: HPP board recall petition - jrw - 10-15-2016

How is the petition mailing address private info they send petition to someone in the mail who sound like never ask to have it sent. To me that makes it public. Maybe they are trying to find out about it without sending a email that be a might be going to a Trojan horse.

jrw

RE: HPP board recall petition - TomK - 10-15-2016

Sorry, but I fail to understand how a postal box address, sent to someone who didn't expect that information, is private. Can someone explain?

PS and ETA. Does the letter actually say the information in it is confidential?

RE: HPP board recall petition - Chas - 10-15-2016

No, nothing says it's confidential. It's basically "Here, sign this", she should be removed for these reasons.

We have no idea who's opinion this is or if it's accurate. One thing we've learned is that there are two "camps". One is that the board is horrible and should be removed, the other that a bunch of malcontents are trying to cause trouble for the board.

From the few meetings we have attended, we can see valid points on both sides.

I guess we won't really know until we are able to attend meetings regularly.

Although there is one opinion about this situation I do agree with. We ought to take the money we're spending fighting among ourselves and sue the county to take over the roads.

RE: HPP board recall petition - kalakoa - 10-16-2016

take the money we're spending fighting among ourselves and sue the county

Especially if HPP allows other subdivisions to join the fight, instead of pretending that it's an HPP problem that only affects HPP.

How is the petition mailing address private info

It's no more private than the domain registration details for orchidlandcommunityestates.com.

RE: HPP board recall petition - reni - 10-16-2016

"take the money we're spending fighting among ourselves and sue the county...."

"Especially if HPP allows other subdivisions to join the fight, instead of pretending that it's an HPP problem that only affects HPP."

Suing the county is a tremendous undertaking and a no starter with our pathetic leadership.
Maybe there is another subdivision that would like to tackle this.

RE: HPP board recall petition - Johnd - 10-16-2016

quote:
Originally posted by reni

"take the money we're spending fighting among ourselves and sue the county...."

"Especially if HPP allows other subdivisions to join the fight, instead of pretending that it's an HPP problem that only affects HPP."

Suing the county is a tremendous undertaking and a no starter with our pathetic leadership.
Maybe there is another subdivision that would like to tackle this.

First you sue HPP for rackettering, because that is in fact what they are doing. They have over 6 million on the kitty with an annual revenue of over 2700000 with almost the same amount for expenses...just what do you and I are getting out of all this massive amounts of money?

When i bought in HPP eons ago, i was told that the all roads would be paved; guess what? Oops, sorry we can' do that now! When i need to have the road maintained i have to personally drag whoever is the new flavor of the month manager out of their cozy office and basically threaten the living daylights out of them to do the job they are paid to do but often ignore to do. Do i like to do that? A rotund NO!but it has been the only way to have it done

Not only that, they got people grading roads that have no idea how to do well. So yes, i would like to know who is circulating the petition and moreover I would welcome others as fed up as I am with this neverending subject to contract a law firm that would sue this incapable association