Punaweb Forum
HPP Chip Sealed Roads - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: HPP Chip Sealed Roads (/showthread.php?tid=18718)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

HPP Chip Sealed Roads - leo - 09-01-2017

Has anyone heard any news on how the general manager intends to deal with the failing chip sealed roads? It sounds like the roads can't be fixed by adding more layers. So what's next? Who's going to pay for it?

RE: HPP Chip Sealed Roads - kalakoa - 09-01-2017

Who's going to pay for it?

Funny joke: HPP landowners, in the form of higher road maintenance fees!

RE: HPP Chip Sealed Roads - leo - 09-01-2017

Not a joke. It's a known fact that those directors who wanted chip seal didn't want lot owner involvement. I attended two or three of those membership meetings. The board said it was none of our business to vote on chip seal. They were rude and wouldn't tell us anything about it. If it was none of our business, then it shouldn't be our responsibility either.

RE: HPP Chip Sealed Roads - kalakoa - 09-01-2017

If it was none of our business, then it shouldn't be our responsibility either.

Punchline: you signed up for land ownership with mandatory dues and lack of accountability.

Don't feel bad; living in Puna means getting screwed on something, usually two or three different ways.

RE: HPP Chip Sealed Roads - Kenney - 09-01-2017

I Didn't sign up for lack of accountability.
And yes Kalakoa, screwed up one side and down the other. I'm actually getting used to it.
Going for new tie rods next week after driving on my unpaved, dusty, rutted road one time too many.
Thanks HPPOA for the great Road Maintanence. (Not!) How much will you be charging us next year for no service whatsoever?

RE: HPP Chip Sealed Roads - mermaid53 - 09-01-2017

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. The upcoming board and membership meetings should be interesting as well.

The costs won't stop at the removal of the CS itself whenever the time is right. The hauling and dumping fees to a designated dumping site for "contaminated" material, and then the rebuilding of the road's sub base before putting anything on top of it...whether it be gravel, asphalt, or CS again in multiple layers.

The board is currently looking into base yards in HPP that seem to be popping up and it's enforcement, including the base yard on 20th/21st Paradise that appears to have an oil container on it and possible CS equipment.

As for who will pay to clean up the mess leo, is something that remains to be seen. I bet you won't be alone in thinking that it shouldn't come out of the members' pocket.

RE: HPP Chip Sealed Roads - Kenney - 09-02-2017

Since technically, we voted down the CS, it is my opinion that the BOD that pushed forward on the project should pay for the removal of the mess personally!

RE: HPP Chip Sealed Roads - alaskyn66 - 09-02-2017

Chip seal is for drive ways not roads .. do you guys have developmentaly disabled people running the board down there?

RE: HPP Chip Sealed Roads - leo - 09-02-2017

Yes and they're deaf too!

I didn't sign up for what's stinking like corruption and mismanagement. The stench is out of control. It shouldn't be hard to figure out who all the stinkers are and hold their feet to the fire.

RE: HPP Chip Sealed Roads - leilanidude - 09-02-2017

Chip seal is for drive ways not roads ..
---
I lived for years on a chip seal road in Illinois. It worked just fine and that was with large tractors, combines, wagons full of grain, etc., going down it.