Punaweb Forum
Orchidland getting fiber - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Orchidland getting fiber (/showthread.php?tid=18727)

Pages: 1 2

Orchidland getting fiber - terracore - 09-05-2017

Lots of heavy equipment and line work today. Any idea what they are doing?

ETA: post title

RE: Orchidland getting fiber - MarkP - 09-05-2017

They were working in Eden Roc on Sunday. The workmen said we would be getting fiber directly into the residences.

RE: Orchidland getting fiber - terracore - 09-05-2017

We chatted with the guy clearing the brush and he confirmed they are installing fiber. Crazy to think we went from having no internet at all to fiber speeds and digital TV in the span of two years.

RE: Orchidland getting fiber - EightFingers - 09-05-2017

Eden Roc has a very sparse population, wonder why they aren't deploying fiber in more populated places like HPP?

They seem to be focusing on areas where there isn't any cable. Hawaiiantel also offers television. They got an FCC grant to service under served areas, though I don't know if this fiber project is part of that.

Well that was fast. In the morning they were clearing the trees out of the way and by afternoon they were stringing the fiber along the poles. What state is this?

RE: Orchidland getting fiber - DTisme - 09-05-2017

Lower roads in HPP (16th down??) don't have cable, so it's pretty disappointing area with less population is getting the attention. Unless that's what they were up to some months back on 3rd that we thought was cable lines being put in. Who knows??

RE: Orchidland getting fiber - leilanidude - 09-05-2017

Well that was fast. In the morning they were clearing the trees out of the way and by afternoon they were stringing the fiber along the poles. What state is this?
-------
Must have been out-of-state contractors... Send them over to lower Leilani next. Cable company has been "upgrading and stringing new cable" for 3 years in Leilani. 7mb down x 768k up is getting rather tiresome.

The fiber looks like a cable line. They left a huge loop of extra fiber on the pole in front of our house, I don't know what purpose it serves, perhaps to connect the house physically to the fiber? Future expansion? I don't know. But to serve the various communities they have to install the fiber in the neighborhoods, but they also have to supply the backbone to feed it. Maybe that hasn't happened yet.

RE: Orchidland getting fiber - HereOnThePrimalEdge - 09-05-2017

Lower roads in HPP (16th down??) don't have cable

I'm on 1st Street and have had Time-Warner, now Spectrum for several years. I receive almost 60 Mbps download for what I think is their regular service at $40 a month.

The Donner Party really wasn't that great of a party, was it?