Punaweb Forum
Sign waving Rally at Hilo Air. Tues. 9-19 3-5pm - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Sign waving Rally at Hilo Air. Tues. 9-19 3-5pm (/showthread.php?tid=18767)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Sign waving Rally at Hilo Air. Tues. 9-19 3-5pm - Ino - 09-15-2017

Aloha mai kakou, Aloha All,

HICoP will be sponsoring an EDUCATION OUTREACH - SIGN WAVING, Our second one;
http://www.bigislandvideonews.com/2017/08/29/day-of-tour-helicopter-noise-discussion-demonstration/

WHEN: Tuesday ( Cruise ship day ), September 19, 2017, 3:00 - 5:00 pm,

WHERE: Hilo Airport entrance road at Kanoelehua,

WHAT TO BRING: Yourself and Ohana, family and friends, the more the merrier, with plenty of ALOHA, Hat, comfortable Hilo casual dress, plenty of water, chair, signs with wording following the theme, STOP TOUR COPTER NOISE - FLY OFFSHORE ROUTE. Spend the whole time or whatever your schedule allows,

HICoP T-SHIRTS: A limited supply of HICoP t-shirts and copter beanie hats will be available for purchase,

PARKING: Parallel park off the pavement along the Hilo Airport entrance road, Please park with ALOHA so there is no traffic interruption, ALOHA is the word. Alternative parking may also be available and will be directed at site,

If you go to hicop.org and scroll down you will see the Senators and Representatives who also provided advocacy letters to Congressional Delegation ( CODEL ).

HICoP also sincerely thanks them for advocating for and supporting the HIOHR and urges those few Senators and Representatives who have not provided advocacy letters yet to please join with their fellow Legislators advocating for and supporting HIOHR.

HICoP's goal is for 100% support from our elected office holders on Hawaii Island.

At hicop.org, if you click on the elected office holder picture, you will be able to read the advocacy letters that each of them sent.

HIOHR is a WIN WIN solution for ALL.

For Helicopter Tour Companies:

1. They fly the most beautiful coast in the world ( instead of over our mildewed graffiti covered roofs )

2. They fly in the much better coastal weather than in the rain and low clouds of the current mountain routes they now fly,

3. They eliminate complaints immediately, complaints that in other jurisdictions have stopped or severely limited tour helicopter operations.

For the people of Hawaii Island the offshore route guarantees that a noisy tour helicopter will never fly over your home again. Serenity, free from tour helicopter noise, is restored to Hawaii Island.

This HICoP EDUCATION OUTREACH is to be conducted with ALOHA for the purpose of letting ALL know there is a very viable alternative that is a WIN WIN for everyone on Hawaii island, residents, visitors, tourists, businesses and most of all, HICO.

Please direct any questions to bob@hicop.org

HICoP thanks you for participating,

Mahalo nui loa,

I am part of upcoming litigation and I am unable to discuss my case or HICoP.org's case at this time- INO

RE: Sign waving Rally at Hilo Air. Tues. 9-19 3-5pm - Kapoho Joe - 09-16-2017

Thank you for this. Best of luck!

RE: Sign waving Rally at Hilo Air. Tues. 9-19 3-5pm - glinda - 09-16-2017

Hey Ino, thanks for your continued efforts on all our behalf. You might want to consider a follow up event on the corner of Queen Kaahumanu Highway and Waikoloa rd, right in front of Blue Hawaiian Helicopters. I suspect that would get good press, and be seen by the most tourists. And maybe, just maybe, irritate Blue Hawaiian to get a response. In other words as long as they are feeling cushy over in touristville what happens here doesn’t seem phase them at all. But god forbid if their flow of unsuspecting tourists were to be interupted.

RE: Sign waving Rally at Hilo Air. Tues. 9-19 3-5pm - kalakoa - 09-16-2017

god forbid if their flow of unsuspecting tourists were to be interupted

Funny, that possibility doesn't bother State when they want to raise the TAT...

RE: Sign waving Rally at Hilo Air. Tues. 9-19 3-5pm - leilanidude - 09-16-2017

Blue Hawaiian Helicopters has the quietest helicopters on the island. Maybe it be better to make the protest against the loudest ones instead, or the known offenders of flying too low, if there are any?

RE: Sign waving Rally at Hilo Air. Tues. 9-19 3-5pm - terracore - 09-16-2017

First, thanks for all that you do to try and restore a little aural peace to the island.

Just a suggestion here.. The last education / sign waving they had at the airport (maybe it was the first one) the signage wasn't clear or visible enough concerning what it was about. A couple of people thought it was a TMT protest because they have gathered there before. I was actually stuck at that light and saw the gathering and eventually realized what it was all about, but it did take me part of the light cycle to come to that conclusion.

Best of luck,

RE: Sign waving Rally at Hilo Air. Tues. 9-19 3-5pm - glinda - 09-16-2017

quote:
Originally posted by leilanidude

Blue Hawaiian Helicopters has the quietest helicopters on the island. Maybe it be better to make the protest against the loudest ones instead, or the known offenders of flying too low, if there are any?

In some areas it is Blue Hawaiian that is the problem specifically, and they have a horrible record of talking listening saying yes yes yes and then doing nothing about complaints.

RE: Sign waving Rally at Hilo Air. Tues. 9-19 3-5pm - HereOnThePrimalEdge - 09-16-2017

the signage wasn't clear or visible enough

Maybe an image of a helicopter too, large & obvious.
When I first saw the signs a few weeks (or months?) ago, I have to say my first thought was that it was a friendly greeting for police officers... Hi Cop!

The Donner Party really wasn't that great of a party, was it?

RE: Sign waving Rally at Hilo Air. Tues. 9-19 3-5pm - TomK - 09-16-2017

I thought it was cops on top week again...

RE: Sign waving Rally at Hilo Air. Tues. 9-19 3-5pm - TomK - 09-16-2017

Just curious, but now we have a "specific" claim from Glinda and would like to find out more:

"In some areas it is Blue Hawaiian that is the problem specifically[...]"

Which specific areas are these?