Punaweb Forum
Register Online To Vote Postcard - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Register Online To Vote Postcard (/showthread.php?tid=18776)

Pages: 1 2

Register Online To Vote Postcard - HereOnThePrimalEdge - 09-20-2017

Did anyone else receive a postcard in the last few days from the State of Hawaii Office of Elections saying we can register to vote online?

Why would they send this card to current voters? Isn't that expensive, considering they have the addresses of existing voters on file, addresses which could easily be excluded from the mass mailing?

The Donner Party really wasn't that great of a party, was it?

RE: Register Online To Vote Postcard - randomq - 09-20-2017

Probably pales in comparison to the cost of the government employees that would be required to study that...

RE: Register Online To Vote Postcard - kalakoa - 09-20-2017

Perhaps existing registered voters would prefer to vote online.

That way, instead of driving to the polling place, people can drive to the nearest wifi. Which might be further away. Efficiency!

RE: Register Online To Vote Postcard - HereOnThePrimalEdge - 09-20-2017

Perhaps existing registered voters would prefer to vote online.

That would be great, except I think it's just for registering to vote. Not to actually vote.

If the State of Hawaii did have online voting and managed the entire voting process, it's probably safe to say our next governor might be named Fyodor Petrovitch Koshkarev.

RE: Register Online To Vote Postcard - Kenney - 09-20-2017

Yes, we got the postcard too. Wondered why as we're already registered. Seemed like a waste of paper and postage.

RE: Register Online To Vote Postcard - leilanidude - 09-20-2017

Have no fear. Since this Hawaii, no union, government employees will be out of work even if 100% of the population votes online. Heck, they might even need a few more.

RE: Register Online To Vote Postcard - EightFingers - 09-20-2017

I got one, already registered. Maybe I should re-register....

RE: Register Online To Vote Postcard - TomK - 09-20-2017

And there was me thinking this was a thread about voting for someone called Postcard... Wink

RE: Register Online To Vote Postcard - leo - 09-21-2017

If the State of Hawaii did have online voting and managed the entire voting process, it's probably safe to say our next governor might be named Fyodor Petrovitch Koshkarev.

Good one. That's a tongue twister HOTPE, how'd you come up with that?

RE: Register Online To Vote Postcard - HereOnThePrimalEdge - 09-22-2017

how'd you come up with that?

leo,
Did you mean mean Fyodor Petrovitch Koshkarev?
If so, I'm rereading Gogol's Dead Souls, the story of a man who traveled the Russian countryside offering to buy deceased peasants on the cheap. The Russian tax system of the 19th century, much like our present day real estate tax system in Hawaii, taxed property based on old assessments. So in Russia, if your serf died last year, the government still made you pay a tax on him this year. However, buying dead peasants to relieve a land owner of his tax obligation is not without its intrigue and complications...

Fyodor Petrovitch Koshkarev is an amalgam of several characters in the book. Russians have three names, 1) their given name, 2) their surname or family name, and 3) the patronymic (father or ancestors name).