Punaweb Forum
Blessed weather? Beginning of drought? - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Blessed weather? Beginning of drought? (/showthread.php?tid=20559)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Blessed weather? Beginning of drought? - ElysianWort - 01-10-2019

It's been 3 days now, going on 4, where we don't have rain all day in Hawaiian Acres. I'm guessing it's similar elsewhere throughout east Hawaii island?

I am absolutely loving working outside again. I feel so blessed because of this change!! It has been way, WAY too long since I can remember weather this nice for this long. 10 months or more maybe?

Perhaps this is the beginning of the drought that Mrs. Mimosa predicted? I think she said it would end in March? Hmmm....

RE: Blessed weather? Beginning of drought? - dayna - 01-10-2019

Hmmm we've had some rain. I know that I didn't fill up the goats water all the way last night and this morning it was topped off. So unless I have a water fairy it rained here in Orchidland. I'll have to look at my weather station. haha

I love it when it rains at night and is sunny during the day in the winter. That is my favorite time of the year and favorite weather.

Dayna

www.E-Z-Caps.com

RE: Blessed weather? Beginning of drought? - ElysianWort - 01-10-2019

Yeah we had a very little amount of rain each night too. A quarter to a half inch though. Almost doesn't even count.

Yes I agree dayna. Perfect Hawaii weather.

RE: Blessed weather? Beginning of drought? - jrw - 01-10-2019

We had a pretty good rain in Eden Roc last night great day today it was not 58 when I got up first time in a few days

jrw

RE: Blessed weather? Beginning of drought? - birdmove - 01-10-2019

We got some rain last night in HPP near 23rd and Kaloli.

Jon in Keaau/HPP

RE: Blessed weather? Beginning of drought? - MarkD - 01-10-2019

Nice sunny day. And Bayfront is breaking for the first time I believe in almost a year. Nice 6-foot waves were coming into the bay into the bay at 8 a.m. 30-40 guys out.

Bayfront Highway was closed this morning. Hope the same for this p.m.; it's nice to walk on the road without cars, watch the surf. (Happens only a few days a year.) Probably be a decent sunset...

RE: Blessed weather? Beginning of drought? - pander75 - 01-10-2019

Its very normal to have a drought in January. Happens almost every year. Starts getting dry around Xmas, and more wet when February begins.

RE: Blessed weather? Beginning of drought? - 1voyager1 - 01-10-2019

This is the time for the winter dry period, Jan-Feb.
So far, I've seen it go for as long as 7 weeks one year since moving here.
Don't expect it to go that long this time.
But, It would be nice if it did.
My cool-dry rest Dendrobiums would like it.

It corresponds very nicely with the usual coldest time period, Jan-Feb that usually happens in So-Cent Alaska, when the cold dry air moves down out of the interior.

RE: Blessed weather? Beginning of drought? - Amrita - 01-10-2019

Have noticed a quick drop in ocean temp during daily swim at Kehena since New Years. Officially 76 sea temp. at Hilo. Just last month Hilo was ranging 79-80. So La Nina may be here which indicates a dry winter for Hawaii. https://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/analysis_monitoring/enso_advisory/ensodisc.html

RE: Blessed weather? Beginning of drought? - ElysianWort - 01-11-2019

Don't expect it to go that long this time.
But, It would be nice if it did.

Exactly 1V1! That's what I have been saying. We have had so much rain in 2018 that we can afford to go into a dry period. I mentioned, "bring it on" to the drought in other threads but people warned me be careful what I wish for. I think we'll be just fine.

Along with the dryness, and cooler ocean temps Amrita, we have the cooler temperatures at night too. The clear skies help amplify that. Such nice sleeping weather.

So yes guys, hard to call it a true drought because of the little nighttime sprinkles but here we are going on Day 5 of blessed weather. I'm lovin' it! (and not talking about Micky D's)