Punaweb Forum
HPP under attack!!!! - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: HPP under attack!!!! (/showthread.php?tid=4652)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

HPP under attack!!!! - Beachboy - 11-16-2008

In recent weeks my neighbors & friends have informed me that "B & E's" are on the rise in this subdivision. Just this morning on the corner of Kaloli Ave. & 3rd Ave., a house there was broken in to. Theft happened between & the hours of 7:00a.m & 8:00a.m. The perps, two locals, were seen leaving area on ATV & Motorbike. Policeman that talked to me confirmed that too. WAs told by cop that break-ins have been frequent lately in HPP from 22nd Ave. down to Beach Road.

LET"S GET THESE BUTT WORMS!!!!![Big Grin]

-----------

Let's get together and over grow the government!!!!

RE: HPP under attack!!!! - JerryCarr - 11-16-2008

Beachboy is right. A newly completed house here on Railroad was broken into last week and the refrigerator stolen. The perps partly dismantled the chain gate that the builders had hoped would keep out thieves. The builder did, however, manage to complete the house without the theft of any building materials or tools. This took place late at night, which is when unoccupied properties are usually victimized.

Be alert. Look out for your neighbors. We have an active Neighborhood Watch on our road, and this still happened, though. Sadly, I expect to see more of this as the economy deteriorates.

Not too cheerful about thievery,
Jerry

RE: HPP under attack!!!! - Devany - 11-16-2008

What a sad commentary. Aware neighbors are a big help, but not always easy to detect guys coming in and out with ATV's! Yikes.I agree... get the butt worms!

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

Devany Vickery-Davidson
East Bay Potters
www.eastbaypotters.com

RE: HPP under attack!!!! - Kelena - 11-16-2008

So sad. Perhaps we need a resolution that says burglary and larceny should be the number one priority of police (we can then wait for the inevitable response that they will ignore it). I do think it is the number one manmade problem in Puna (and in the islands in general). People worked hard to get what they have.

RE: HPP under attack!!!! - Menehune - 11-16-2008

Full Moon seems to bring out all sorts - as bright and clear as it's been the last few nights you wouldn't need flashlights to give your presence away.[V]

RE: HPP under attack!!!! - james weatherford - 11-16-2008

quote:
Originally posted by Glen

... a resolution that says burglary and larceny should be the number one priority of police ...

Highest law enforcement priority: protection of life and property.
Not so hard to grasp, eh?

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park

RE: HPP under attack!!!! - JerryCarr - 11-16-2008

Not hard to grasp at all, James, but it's a sad commentary on our law enforcement that we have to discuss an initiative or resolution to make it clear to those in charge.

Cheers,
Jerry

RE: HPP under attack!!!! - james weatherford - 11-16-2008

Jerry,

The business of democracy never is easy.
Law enforcement in particular is one area where the perspective can get inverted -- we, the people, are the voice of authority and not vice versa.
Resolution? Maybe.
Initiative/referendum? Maybe.

However, I would recommend plain ole political pressue -- letters, emails, phone calls, direct talking to Council members and Mayor, testimony (in person and in writing) to the Police Commission.
When the same issue shows up from multiple people in the community and the pressue is relentless, movement happens.

One other option, is legal action...

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park

RE: HPP under attack!!!! - Beachboy - 11-17-2008

does anybody know how many cops work a shift at the Keaau Sub Station? I'm curious also just how far the the Keaau police will go in Puna to keep the peace?

-----------

Let's get together and over grow the government!!!!

RE: HPP under attack!!!! - roseroo14 - 11-17-2008

Get a gun and learn how to use it. It is your right.

The Lack