Punaweb Forum
What items do you regret not bringing? - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: What items do you regret not bringing? (/showthread.php?tid=565)

Pages: 1 2

What items do you regret not bringing? - Les C - 07-31-2006

This was asked by Mella in the "Things You Shipped" thread and it sounded like a great thread for those planning moves.

Right now, I can't think of anything. Our container was packed to the gills and a few items were left. Movers Pak-man built two small crates to ship the rest. Our shipped load weighed way more than estimated and we paid a premium. We just got our two last crates delivered today, seven weeks after our container; obviously, they didn't come on the same ship. Although we were preparing to move for more than a year and started paring down our belongings at the outset, we ran out of time to cull and sort as we prepped our CA house for sale.

So far, we haven't thought of anything that we didn't bring that we wished that we did. But we can think of a lot that we wished that we didn't bring!

Fortunately, there are many rummage sales to donate to that raise funds for various causes. We gave a lot to Rainbow Friends Animal Sanctuary in Kurtistown, a no-kill animal rescue shelter.

Les C

RE: What items do you regret not bringing? - Royall - 07-31-2006

One of my hobbies is woodworking. I miss the larger shop that I had. Hard as I tried I just couldn't figure out how to get it in the suitcase! I also miss our cats very much (can you tell I'm a cat person?) I knew we were going to be in a rental for some time and they had some health problems but we did find a good home for them. I do miss them so. Then there were those thing one collects over time that you know you need but never used in the last 10 or 12 years but you knew you needed it. I just don't understand why know body wanted that stuff at the garage sale? The stuff in the kitchen "junk drawer". I know everybody has one and I had a great one. On the other hand I've started a new oneSmile Did I mention I miss the cats?

Royall

What goes around comes around!

RE: What items do you regret not bringing? - mella l - 07-31-2006

I think I heard you miss your cats. Oh I'm sorry about that Royall. When your home is finished do you think you will adopt a little purr ball to share your new home with? You know a mouser that will snuggle and purr and get hair all over the new place? I understand and I love my kitty kats so much I can't move over with out them! If we ever get over there we will share ours, we have only 3, Cleocatra, and the babies!

But you will need your own to mouser for the one day new shop you will have right?

mella l

Edited by - mella l on 08/01/2006 16:20:21

RE: What items do you regret not bringing? - Kapohocat - 08-01-2006

After 20 years of being here....

I would have brought a lot more storage items that could withstand moisture and cockroaches. I packed all my things in cardboard boxes. I should have put them in the "rubber maid" plastic containers.

Also I would have brought more camping gear.

-Cat

RE: What items do you regret not bringing? - Les C - 08-01-2006

We shipped a lot of stuff in 18 gal. Rubbermaid containers and can now use them for storage. They are great! They kept the Dusky-footed Wood-Rats in our CA mountain habitat at bay. We even use them for sorting recyclables.

I still haven't thought of anything that we didn't bring that we regret not bringing, but that's more because we brought so much!

Les C

RE: What items do you regret not bringing? - loffelkopffl - 08-02-2006

my 1974 buick electra

RE: What items do you regret not bringing? - Royall - 08-02-2006

If you had your captains license you could have floated that yaht over!Wink Do you think the roads are wide enough for that vintage Buick?

Royall

What goes around comes around!

Edited by - Royall on 08/02/2006 06:27:44

RE: What items do you regret not bringing? - Brad W - 08-02-2006

Building supplies, and lots of 'em.

RE: What items do you regret not bringing? - pam jones - 08-02-2006

Our bikes. My husbands Harley and my little Yamaha (or rice burner as the hog owners called it - such elitists LOL!) Now the Harley is up for sale at a bike shop in Spring, Texas and my Yama went back to the original owner. I had no idea how much I would miss the freedom and exhiliration of cruising down the road with the wind in my face. heavy sigh.. pj

RE: What items do you regret not bringing? - Carolann R - 08-02-2006

Pam -- I can relate to you sista! I cried when I saw the new owner of my pretty blue 2005 Lowrider take off into the wind! But really, Tony and I will have so much to do in these next several months...when we get in a good space for it, we'll look for a couple of used ones...nothing so flashy as the two we let go. (Tony hasn't been without a Harley since he's 16! It's like an extension of him. He'll HAVE to find one even though he's humble and says maybe not. LOL)

Whenever we visited Kauai we rented from the guy who owns Street Eagle...he became kind of a friend 'cause he's from Arizona too. He would rent us the bikes for half price and let us keep 'em longer. I swear that ride up to Waimea Canyon was one of the prettiest ever. I love looking out at Ni'ihau from halfway up. So pretty sitting there in the haze...ahhhh. NOW see what you've done?!

Carrie

"The opportunities to reach into the lives of others in an inspiring way arise in countless ways every single day..." Dr. Wayne W. Dyer

http://www.hellophoenix.com/art