Punaweb Forum
Helping a new family - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Helping a new family (/showthread.php?tid=569)

Pages: 1 2 3

Helping a new family - pslamont - 08-02-2006

Calling all Punatics... We have reached out to help a family new to Puna. They came here with plenty of cash and high hopes, but have quickly run out of resources. They are staying at the cabin and have food and such. However, there are 4 boys ages 8, 6, 4 and 2 with brother #4 on the way any day now. they arrived with suitcases and hope, but the hotels have quickly sucked them dry. I don't think they understood about vacation rentals but with all the kids, no one would rent to them. Okay, so some of us don't plan well. Enough said.

If anyone has resources for clothing or supplies for a new baby, especially an infant car seat you would consider donating, it would sure be a big help. Thanks for being the generous folks you are. Feel free to contact me directly.

Pam Lamont
pslamont@yahoo.com
968-1479 or 345-8440

Just another day in P A R A D I S E !!

RE: Helping a new family - KeikiDad - 08-02-2006

My son just graduated to a new car seat so I have a newborn car seat that is only 6 mo old and is good shape. Just tell me where and when to bring it and its yours
Kim

David

RE: Helping a new family - pslamont - 08-02-2006

David, you are the best! Way to go Punatic! wooo hooo!!

Hehehehe.... sincerely, thank you.

I have sent you an email seprately.

Pam

RE: Helping a new family - lluberesm - 08-03-2006

I am all the way in New Jersey but I want to help. With twins I have lots of things I can help with and I am willing to ship them. I have a Peg Perego double stroller that is practically new, I also have lots of toddler clothe(boy and girl clothe) I can ship over I also have an extra car seat. Do they need a toddler bed? I was going to throw these things away when I moved but I rather put them to good use. You can email me the information and I will ship via Fed Ex or Ups or any other shipping method that you know of that will arrive promptly. If they do not need the stroller or car seat what else are they in need of (both the parents and the children), I can put a box together and mail it.

Lenny

Edited by - lluberesm on 08/03/2006 06:20:32

RE: Helping a new family - pslamont - 08-03-2006

Lenny, sent you an email. What a kind heart you have! I LOVE punatics! As noted above, we will get a carseat. Looks like you are taking care of the stroller.

to everyone: receiving blankets, infant clothes, neweborn diapers....

These people are natural, hard working, simple. They aren't looking for frilly junk; just what will let them get started here. Again, to everyone, I just love how you come together. Much Mahalo.... Pam

RE: Helping a new family - Hopefeather - 08-03-2006

The State of Hawaii is quite generous with its state assistance -- specifically for food. For a family that large, they will likely be able to receive $500 or more dollars per month in food stamps. Within days of applying for assistance, our family received benefits. The state issues an EBT card that you can use for food at any grocery store. Good luck!

hope

RE: Helping a new family - Da Stef - 08-03-2006

also check the WIC offices.

I'm moving and willing to get rid of tons of stuff, including baby clothes and a baby bjorn (front carrier). 982-9146

I just got rid of my high chair, infant car seats and double stroller via Freecycle.com. Tell them to check that out.

Also the reuse center in Kea'au often has all kinds of stuff that they sell at ridiculously low prices.

stef

RE: Helping a new family - pslamont - 08-03-2006

The kids have been on island for a week and we decided they needed a beach day, so today they went to9 Oneokahakaha. Mom relaxed, children played, and I ran around putting out other fires.

Came home to a lovely car seat waiting for them. Mahalo Kim!

Came home to two messages about other supplies. You all kind and wonderful. MAHALO!!!

Keep it coming.... I love you guys!

Pam

RE: Helping a new family - pam jones - 08-04-2006

We have a chest-of-drawers that they could have (four drawers). We also have a set of doublewide bed sheets, comforter and skirt that are almost brand new. Wish I had some baby stuff (or better yet a baby!!) but don't. Let me know soon if they could use this. I wish them the very best!!!!
Aloha,
pj

RE: Helping a new family - BJK&FAMILY - 08-04-2006

I'm on the mainland, but my son is 9 1/2 months old and I have all of his baby clothes. I would love to help also if I may... I don't mind sending the clothes....I may have some diapers too I'll have to see. I have alot of clothes that my some never even wore. Can I help??