Punaweb Forum
Eden Roc Questions... Hopefully some answers. - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Eden Roc Questions... Hopefully some answers. (/showthread.php?tid=5832)

Pages: 1 2

Eden Roc Questions... Hopefully some answers. - ericlp - 08-12-2009

Aloha Friends!

I am considering purchasing some land in Eden Roc.

The Lot is located on palainui ave @ Kolea St (7 roads down).

Palainui is one of the MAIN paved roads 1 of 2 that leads into Eden Roc and runs through the entire subdivision. The other Main Road is Ohia Ave.

My Questions are...

I already know that Palainui is a BUSY road. It has to be. I haven't been in Eden Roc in years. But how busy is it? Does traffic get backed up all the way to road 7(Kolea)? How is the flow? I can't remember if there are any speed bumps.

The lot is 310' deep, This lot is on the ocean side of Palainui St, so it backs up to 20 acre lots ... And that's nice (or can be). Also, I assume that the tradewinds are coming from the ocean so breeze would be away from traffic.

Anyone know what those 20 Acre lot's are used for? Who Owns them? It appears that there is a road that runs down past this lot to access these lots. Apele Rd. I would imagine that these are 20 Acre AG lots.

I guess my main Concern is Traffic, and who is behind me and what are they doing with those lots? It would really suck to build a small house and find out that they are running a fence down the property line for chicken and pig farming that was planned for a future date and I didn't know about it.

If I were to aquire this lot...

My plan was to make a S Driveway and run it about 200' into lot, would I still hear the traffic with a 200' forest buffer? My thought is Yes, but how bad is it really? How fast are folks driving on this road? Smile Last I recall is seeing SLOW signs and White crosses on this road tho, my memory is not that great of it other then lots of cool sounding birds.

If anyone that has lived there or better yet currently living there knows the answers to these questions.... I'd be grateful if you could provide some insight!!!

Next Question would be... What would one pay for a vacant lot in eden roc at the current location? Reasonable guess's.

My Last question is, I've heard Time Warner running cable down the main roads. What are the chances of getting road runner on these lots?

Thanks!!!

If anyone would want to help by actually looking and walking into this lot, I can provide more detail on where it is, to see if rivers are flowing or dips in the landscape, pools of water, deep holes, etc... I may be able to throw a few bucks to someone willing to do that living in the area. But this would be my last step in researching the property.

RE: Eden Roc Questions... Hopefully some answers. - StillHope - 08-12-2009

Eric,I can not advise you on Eden Roc.
But 20 acres next lot would be a red flag to me.
If it's not use for a pig farm now,there's no guarantee it will not be used for something like that later.
At any rate it might be like having 20 neighbors instead of one.

RE: Eden Roc Questions... Hopefully some answers. - Carey - 08-12-2009

The 20 acres lots are 20A ag lots that are owned by individual landowners. To find out more (including the landowners) you can check on the county TMK maps. If you do not know what the TMK of the land you are looking at, ask the Realtor or land seller.

The traffic is not "backup" type, but there can be road noise & there are some noisy vehicles & driving techniques that creates noise that does carry.

As to what to pay? You probably have noticed a vast difference in the lot prices. Today, it is what the buyer is wiling to pay...

I have good friends up in Eden Roc, one who is active in the Homeowners Assn, and is a very active coqui fighter (did you know about them? they are in the Roc... but there is now a county sprayer in the Roc too...)

RE: Eden Roc Questions... Hopefully some answers. - PaulW - 08-12-2009

"At any rate it might be like having 20 neighbors instead of one."
Or one neighbor instead of 20.

RE: Eden Roc Questions... Hopefully some answers. - Bullwinkle - 08-13-2009

Up here in the boonies, more likely than not ... that 20 acres will be a pasture. You can get the owners name and address from the county tax page and drop them a line. That is what I did. Ended up with a sweet deal on the adjacent lot as well

RE: Eden Roc Questions... Hopefully some answers. - ericlp - 08-13-2009

Thanks for your Answers. I really appreciate it! Well, I am getting this lot with for a trade on some property I am not longer using on the mainland. I am fully aware of Coqui frogs. While I'd rather not have the pest around, I'm not freaked out by the noise they make. It really doesn't bother me, living in the lower areas of HPP/Orchidland the frogs prefer the lower warmer climates.

Yeah, I already looked at the TMK, for this lot, I'm not sure if they had the numbers for the Lots next to me, but that's a great idea! Supposedly there is a Home built next to this lot as well, I'm thinking of sending him/her a message with my number and email. Would be great to talk to them before trading.

Thanks again!

RE: Eden Roc Questions... Hopefully some answers. - Hawaii Photo Guy - 08-13-2009

There is more traffic now in ER than there was a few years ago. With relationship to the highway and some other places I have lived I consider the area we live in to be pretty quiet. We are however not far from the back.
You can always try google maps. I noticed it is a little dated but you may get an idea of what has existed for a while in Kopua Farm Lots and even how the folks that have been there a while are set up near you.
For me its been less about the "neighborhood" you choose and more about the "neighbors in the neighborhood". We have met ours but keep to ourselves and have left a nice forest buffer as our fence.
The wild pigs may be more of an issue than the pig farmers up in Mt. View.
T

Please be kind.

RE: Eden Roc Questions... Hopefully some answers. - MarkP - 08-13-2009

I know a guy who lives on Palainui near Rd 2. I visit him frequently and have slept overnight there several times. He says there is road noise occasionally but as I said I spend a lot of time there and usually it is as quiet as the coquis allow it to be. My friend's concern is for the future when there is more traffic. I will second that the traffic is not the kind that backs up. The problem is that sometimes people drive fast on it. Palainui is essentially one lane. It is two lanes wide but the other lane was paved years ago and needs to be done again. Sometimes people drive on the one good lane regardless of which direction they are going. So overall the roads are bumpy and people drive creatively. This could be a problem but it has so far not been for me.

My friend said he met the guy who has the 20 acres behind him and that guy wants to put in a golf course. I have no idea how serious that guy is or even how much area a golf course takes, but I can't imagine it being that busy a golf course. Those 20 acre lots are called Kopua Farm Lots.

I have property on Rd 8, which is paved. I rarely hear noise because there just isn't that much traffic, but I do usually hear every car that goes past.

RE: Eden Roc Questions... Hopefully some answers. - loffelkopffl - 08-14-2009

you can post questions on their website edenrocestates.com

RE: Eden Roc Questions... Hopefully some answers. - ericlp - 08-15-2009

Maybe you could at one time, but I don't see that option on the site. Maybe I'm missing something?