Punaweb Forum
Outraged Citizens of Hawaii Protest March @Volcano - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Outraged Citizens of Hawaii Protest March @Volcano (/showthread.php?tid=5843)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Outraged Citizens of Hawaii Protest March @Volcano - Rob Tucker - 07-03-2009

Tom Lackey had an interesting topic asking about how to protest earlier. On that subject....

...I just got word that there will be a protest tomorrow in the 4th of July Parade in Volcano (8:30 am?). I am not precisely sure what the protest is except that Mayor Kenoi's name was mentioned (he is expected to be there) and a group referred to as Progressive Democrats seem to be leading the effort.

Outraged Citizens of Hawaii Protest March

Everyone bring signs with their concerns on it and questions to ask our Mayor Billy Kenoi.

So this should be fun and very, very American.

Happy Fourth of July everyone.

RE: Outraged Citizens of Hawaii Protest March @Volcano - lostboystoy - 07-03-2009

ooh a parade and entertainment[Big Grin]

setting my soul free....

RE: Outraged Citizens of Hawaii Protest March @Volcano - Guest - 07-03-2009

Rob,

this seems pretty disgusting to me. Since I was a child the 4th of July has always been a time to “celebrate” the freedom that this wonderful country has given us. Yes, I know that the first protester will respond with their right to the freedom of speech. They are right and that is the biggest one, the freedom of speech, but do you have to spoil everyone else’s holiday because you have to bring hate, deception and your political rants to a parade for God’s sake.

I had planned to attend this event and I thank you for bring this to my attention, time to change my plans. Last thing I want is to be pissed off on my favorite holiday and it is my birthday also. Next thing you know some political group will want to picket and rant at a Ester day gathering or maybe Christmas day because they have the right to do so. The way I’m going to protest is not to attend, pretty sad uh. Perhaps a toon showing my disgust is in order.

The Lack

The Lack Toons

RE: Outraged Citizens of Hawaii Protest March @Volcano - Rob Tucker - 07-03-2009

Go for it Tom! Protest the protest!

RE: Outraged Citizens of Hawaii Protest March @Volcano - james weatherford - 07-03-2009

yeah, and happy birthday!

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park

RE: Outraged Citizens of Hawaii Protest March @Volcano - lquade - 07-03-2009

i agree lack, a fun and special day to be ruined by protestors.. i purposely stay away from the punaweb forum on politics so i dont have to listen to this ____ and lately they keep showing up on the main forum... no one to complain to as so far they have all been rob's.... quess he still hasnt figured out that angel lost...

RE: Outraged Citizens of Hawaii Protest March @Volcano - Rob Tucker - 07-03-2009

Boy you guys sure are quick to judge a day ruined before you even find out what it's about.

It's not my protest march. I'm just telling you folks about it.

By all means, stay home and frown.

RE: Outraged Citizens of Hawaii Protest March @Volcano - dakine - 07-03-2009

quote:
Originally posted by The Lack

I had planned to attend this event and I thank you for bring this to my attention, time to change my plans...

Protesters can't ruin the volcano parade. It's so beautiful.. so dorky! so colorful, and overflowing with the good ol small town spirit.. along with every politician doing their little thing.. every supped up decked out antique car going cruising down da road honky its horn.. bands on flat bed trucks... dog walkers.. kids.. clowns.. schools.. sheesh its a frickin' circus filled will good happy silly people. everyone's got their little part in it. There surely is room for some protesters! They'll fit right in! Wont even know they're there! It'll be fun.. you really should come!

RE: Outraged Citizens of Hawaii Protest March @Volcano - punafish - 07-03-2009

I'm not politically invested either way, but I'm happy to jump on the bandwagon--so I'm going to protest the protest of the protest...which (I think) puts me back at the parade :-)

RE: Outraged Citizens of Hawaii Protest March @Volcano - mdd7000 - 07-03-2009

Happy Birthday! Mine follows yours by one day. Smile