Punaweb Forum
10 deg in NJ - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: 10 deg in NJ (/showthread.php?tid=6679)

Pages: 1 2

10 deg in NJ - skydawg - 01-03-2010

Hi everyone,
It`s bitter cold here in NJ,a bleak,depressing place this time of year.I had hoped to visit the BI in`09,but reality didn`t co-operate.Believe it or not,just visiting this site,and getting a glimpse of your local color,is a mental vacation,and strengthens my resolve to return after 42 yrs. Tom

RE: 10 deg in NJ - Sue Nomie - 01-03-2010

Tom, what exit on the GSP is it 10°? I guess Barnegat Bay will start freezing if it stays that low.
We left NJ 3 years ago and have not looked back. Pohoiki's water was actually hot today. Air temp 81°
the winds blowing 20mph, palms trees bending gently, life is good. Hop a plane forget the right coast.
Sue Nomie

RE: 10 deg in NJ - David M - 01-03-2010

I was afforded the opportunity to move from Oahu to NJ back in July 1981, it was hot, muggy, bleak, and depressing that time of year. My MIL still lives there. Luckily, my dear wife bopped me over the head a few years ago to give me the sense to move back to Hawaii.

David

Ninole Resident

RE: 10 deg in NJ - EightFingers - 01-04-2010

David,
Yeah, rub it in....... Smile

RE: 10 deg in NJ - macuu222 - 01-04-2010

Im a transplant from Paramus, New Jersey. I miss the stores...the closeness to NYC for concerts and Broadway shows....and the food! I do not miss the insane traffic, the weather, and the polluted beaches.

RE: 10 deg in NJ - skydawg - 01-04-2010

Sue,I`m in Warren County,about 10 mi from Easton PA.It`s usually a few degrees warmer closer to the shore,but that`s about all.I understand you islanders missing NYC cultural events,nightlife,etc,but Broadway and stadium sports and shows have priced themselves out of my reach anyway,so it wouldn`t be an issue for me ,they`re unavailable despite being an hour away.

RE: 10 deg in NJ - Funkstopper - 01-07-2010

Hi Skydawg,
Sorry to hear about the cold. I grew up in New York, got married in Toronto and for 11 years lived in the south(New JerseySmile Monmouth County. To us it was balmy compared to where we were. We are so glad we are here now. We forget how miserable it get back there.
We do miss the boardwalk and the great beaches.
And gardening was a lot easier for vegetables. There is so much joking about NJ that they forget it is the "Garden State" with rich fertile soil.
Of course there are the other reasons it is called the Garden state.
You're always...
Guardin' your house
Guardin' your car and
Guardin' your wallet

Just for the record we loved our time in jersey and always felt safe.
Jim

The Funkstopper
http://www.barefootfloorcare.com

The funk stops here!

RE: 10 deg in NJ - Dave M - 01-08-2010

23 degrees here in cental TX last night. I don't know how yous guys up north do this all year/winter. I was going to explain how we have a wet cold, due to our proximity to the gulf.. LOL but I guess that would fall on deaf ears to someone in NY. I can say that I think y'all are more set up for, used to, this kind of weather.

I feel for the folks in Florida. Looks like they're getting hit hard. Probably shoul invest in OJ futures cuz you know they're going up as the temp goes down.

I've always considered myself a horseman so when they offered me the "take care of the ranch" gig(i couldn't sell due to the down turn) I thought what the hell my kid will love it and how much trouble can a few... hundred cows be? How hard can that be?

Hmm.. here's my concluision, I'm an idiot and cow's deserve to be eaten.. Seriously, I get out there this morning and the water troughs for the horse pasture are all broken out. I could see the hoof prints where they broke the ice to get water.. what a cool animal. On the other hand the cows are all just standing around looking at a frozen trough.. and they wonder why they ended up on the menu.

Honestly, it's not a bad gig.. John R. can relate to the things we do to keep our listings.. LOL, I sure wish it had sold in 07 in which case I would be on the BI complaining about frogs, VOG and traffic.

Blessings,
dave

"It doesn't mean that much to me.. to mean that much to you." Neil Young

RE: 10 deg in NJ - Kapohocat - 01-08-2010

Wow! and the Mauna Kea artic blast has brought it been down in the low 60's in Kapoho at night!! Brrrrr!

RE: 10 deg in NJ - Dave M - 01-08-2010

LOL.. yeah Im rubbing my fingers together doing that smallist violin thing.. [Big Grin] I do hope this thread helps you guys deal with a little traffic and VOG.

For now, Cat, I guess you'll have to throw another "Sheet" on the bed tonite.

Blessings,
dave

"It doesn't mean that much to me.. to mean that much to you." Neil Young