Punaweb Forum
Car Repair - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Car Repair (/showthread.php?tid=8035)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Car Repair - nani1970 - 12-27-2011

Just looking to find a good, honest car repair place.
I live in HPP, but would go to Hilo if needed.

RE: Car Repair - pslamont - 12-27-2011

Hands Down: Nicks Garage, Makaala St. north of the highway 11, across from Hilo Propane. Tell 'me Pam Lamont sent you!

I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"

RE: Car Repair - missydog1 - 12-27-2011

Most mechanics these days have a specialty. Few if any know every make or model. So maybe you should start with the year, make, model of your vehicle that needs repair?

RE: Car Repair - Alex - 12-27-2011

Nick's garage is good but with a coupon I got way better deal for break job at Toyota (15% discount)and no need to wait for the parts to be shipped.You have to shop around sometimes if on the budget.

RE: Car Repair - Kelena - 12-27-2011

Have you considered Wally's?

RE: Car Repair - birdmove - 12-28-2011

How about Curlees on Paradise in HPP?

Jon in Keaau/HPP

RE: Car Repair - macuu222 - 12-28-2011

I go to the dealership in Hilo for all my work. It may cost alittle more but they find the problem quickly (no guesswork) and usually fix it the same day (plenty of parts stock on hand). They also offer free transportation in Hilo both dropoff and pickup when they work on your vehicle. And their work is guaranteed.

RE: Car Repair - hawaiideborah - 12-28-2011

Nick's is great for my oil changes.
However, I own a Jeep Cherokee 2002 and Nick's has no computer hook up to diagnose the problems. With most of the newer cars this is important. My engine light has been on for months and Nick's couldn't find any problems. BUT, they don't have the computer to hook up the car to find what the electronics say is wrong.
Nick's does have some of the computer hook-ups for some of the cars, but if you have an engine light on or some electronic computer programing error and Nick's doesn't have the right hook up for your particular car, you are out of luck.
I like Nick's and they are honest. I can't expect them to carry every diagnostic tool for every car, so if you have everyday problem, go to Nick's. If your problem is electronic, go see if Nick's has the diagnostic equipment for your particular car. They may, or may not.

Re: Curleys in HPP
Anyone have any experience with their work?

edited to add this P.S.
p.s. does anyone have any experience with the service department at the Jeep Dealer here in Hilo?
Our other car is a Honda. How about the Honda Dealer here in Hilo?

RE: Car Repair - David Shaw - 12-28-2011

Nani: "Just looking to find a good, honest car repair place. I live in HPP"
In that case, you might want to give Joe Perriera a call 966-4683. He's on 10th off Paradise. We have two Toy vehicles and he has been exemplary on both.

-dwajs

RE: Car Repair - jackson - 12-28-2011

I know it's difficult to do, but if the car isn't exhibiting and obvious problems, and the check engine light has been on for while and still runs, ignore it.