Punaweb Forum
Status of possible HPP park - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Status of possible HPP park (/showthread.php?tid=9094)

Pages: 1 2

Status of possible HPP park - Aki - 07-30-2011

I just read the summary minutes from the last HPP board meeting on July 20th for an update on the park matter.

Here is a clip:

"Parks – Although County Council is ready to proceed with the title search and survey for the park, they asked for a letter stating that HPPOA is willing to donate the land; and, discussion has been opened
to request the County to return the two small parcels by the ocean. The Board did not pass the motion to send the letter."

I understood the Board has already passed an earlier motion approving transfer of land for park purposes. Are they now in the process of negotiating the return of two earlier parcels that have never been developed for park purposes? Also, is it clear which parcel in HPP would be donated for park purposes. I understood there may be more than one option available.

Thanks in advance to anyone with an update.

RE: Status of possible HPP park - james weatherford - 07-30-2011

Go to this discussion...

http://www.punaweb.org/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12044

RE: Status of possible HPP park - Aki - 07-30-2011

James, I read the link earlier but the summary minutes did not indicate any permanent decision has been made not to donate the land for a park, rather it seems like HPP has engaged the county in discussion on a return of two parcels dedicated for park but never developed by the county.

I do hope the park proceeds as it will be a great addition especially for children/families to have a safe place to play in a wide open space.

Also it still isn't clear if the particular 20 acre parcel has been pinned down. I understand the parcel on Makuu beside the HPP office has been in discussions but I have also heard there may be other available/suitable parcels.

RE: Status of possible HPP park - Seeb - 07-30-2011

I think only the ones Makuu are phase 2 and the top one has the Malama school on it. that leaves the one by the Hui and 6th st

RE: Status of possible HPP park - Seeb - 07-30-2011

Someone should make a handout on all the HPP issues phases, the court decree ( They only posted the part that you have to pay your road fees) and all the county issues substandard road ect.
Ive been looking 7 years and still haven’t found it all. Someone new has to start the discussion all over again

RE: Status of possible HPP park - james weatherford - 07-30-2011

My dear wife, Elizabeth is on HPPOA Board.
According to her:
The motion was to proceed with transferring the land (20 acres @ 16th & Makuu) to the County. That motion failed, with 5 noes and 4 yeses.

The matter of returning the other two parcels is separate.

RE: Status of possible HPP park - OrchidIslander - 07-30-2011

quote:
Originally posted by james weatherford

My dear wife, Elizabeth is on HPPOA Board.
According to her:
The motion was to proceed with transferring the land (20 acres @ 16th & Makuu) to the County. That motion failed, with 5 noes and 4 yeses.

The matter of returning the other two parcels is separate.

James, I don't know how your dear wife voted, nor do I care.

Simply tell her Mahalo for such wonderful news!

RE: Status of possible HPP park - Aki - 07-30-2011

From the HPP site, here is a motion that carried (was approved) at the June 15 Board meeting:

June Conant moved that HPPOA proceed with the deeding or leasing of a 20-acre parcel located in HPP to the County of Hawaii for the sole purpose of the construction and maintenance of a County park and recreational facilities. The construction of the park facilities shall begin no later than three years from the completion date of the EAS or ownership of the property will revert back to HPPOA. A real estate attorney will be hired to ensure that the documentation contains these restrictions. HPPOA is aware that, at this time, the County is not planning to provide an outside water source for the park or for any assistance with road maintenance on HPP roads.

I wonder how the same issue came up again at the July meeting and what the next steps are?

RE: Status of possible HPP park - james weatherford - 07-31-2011

The motion in June was to "proceed", that is, the motion was about the concept. That motion passed.
Then, in July, (with 2 new board members) the motion was to send a letter. The motion to send the letter failed.

RE: Status of possible HPP park - Obie - 07-31-2011

Thank you very much !

Those of us in the Kapoho area would very much like this money to build
a park just south of Vacationland.

The land could be had by eminent domain or the owners could donate it.

A road into that are already exists,water is available at the Red Road,and a sewage plant could also be built.

Access to the tide-pools at Kapoho would be enhanced without impacting the residents of the nearby subdivisions!!