Punaweb Forum
Dog Mess at New Water Station - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Dog Mess at New Water Station (/showthread.php?tid=9248)

Pages: 1 2

Dog Mess at New Water Station - Morningstar - 08-31-2011

It is really wonderful that finally we have a new water station "Wai Puna" in our Nanawale community. I am enjoying just going a few blocks to fill up at my convenience. But I did not appreciate Dog Mess directly under the fucet where you stand to fill your water.

The person and their dog could of cleaned it up. A very unsanitary situation. Those of you who also enjoy this new facility please show some respect.

Mahalo

Morningstar

RE: Dog Mess at New Water Station - getty62 - 09-02-2011

had a similar experience at the water station in kurtistown, just not as discusting. someon had thrown 2 old tires, a set of window shades and an old card table out at that one. can't figure out what is wrong with people sometime.

RE: Dog Mess at New Water Station - wjbillock - 09-02-2011

quote:
Originally posted by Morningstar

The person and their dog could of cleaned it up. A very unsanitary situation. Those of you who also enjoy this new facility please show some respect.

Perhaps it was just a dog. If so...I'm fairly certain he/she doesn't surf the internet...let alone PUNAWEB!

Sorry...couldn't resist!

Stop Whining! Vote with your money!

RE: Dog Mess at New Water Station - bystander - 09-02-2011

I just went to get water at Kurtistown and discovered the spigot is gone. I guess the county removed it since they opened the new station at the dump.

RE: Dog Mess at New Water Station - SBH - 09-03-2011

The water station is moved at K-town, no longer under mango tree on hwy. You have to enter the driveway there at park and drive in 100' to the right. It's all fenced in and is locked at 11pm I believe.

RE: Dog Mess at New Water Station - Bullwinkle - 09-03-2011

New water spigots @ k-town: Quite a nice upgrade as well - nice new and organised. Thank you county of hawaii

RE: Dog Mess at New Water Station - getty62 - 09-03-2011

that's where the trash was at. the new station.

RE: Dog Mess at New Water Station - leilaniguy - 09-07-2011

We stopped for water at Wai Puna taps yesterday. Some jerk dumped a cat there, not starving yet but shy, came out of the brush looking for it's owner. A pretty cat too. I wish I could cuss on this website, whoever did this needs to be ripped a new one. Animals are not garbage.

RE: Dog Mess at New Water Station - Morningstar - 09-07-2011

My Husband and I stopped by for water yesterday as well and a little kitty came running meowin, blue eyed siamese. I gave it a few pets then as I drove home I relized someone dumped him. I went back and forth with my husband should I go feed it should we bring it home. We went back and fourth. Cause the last time I saved a kitty cost alot! So tonight we ran up there and did not hear or see him but I left the food behind. If he is there tomorrow we will take it to the humane society. I agree living creatures pet or wild are not garbage. They are gifts!

Morningstar

RE: Dog Mess at New Water Station - missydog1 - 09-07-2011

If you take the kitty to the Kea'au Humane Society, they will most likely kill it. It is a kill shelter for cats. There are sanctuaries that are non kill.

If a cat taken to the HIHS is not adopted in a very short time, it is euthanized. Cats that are not sorted into "good adoption prospect" when they come in are killed the same day. Any cat that acts wild or tries to scratch, even it is scared, will be killed as a feral.

This is what I was told when one of my cats went missing and I called to see if it had ended up there. They told me if it had been brought in, it would be dead already, even though she was a well fed and spayed cat who was obviously a loved pet -- they wouldn't care because she was a real nervous kitty who doesn't like to have anyone but me hold her.

It was really hard for a pet owner with a missing cat to hear all this very cold policy.

The only thing that would save a pet from death would be a chip or one of their tags on the collar. Mine had tags and was registered, but wearing a breakaway collar, when it comes off, bye bye tag and good luck finding it.

So when she came home again (whew!) I had my cats chipped at the next clinic, and would recommend the same to anyone who adopts an island born kitty.

The ones people bring over are all chipped of course. I have a soft spot for Siamese and would have been tempted. It is true though that they cost a lot to keep properly.

ETA -- sorry to continue the cat tangent, but when I saw this I was worried the kitten would end up at HIHS.