Punaweb Forum
Lilikoi Juice - Printable Version

+- Punaweb Forum (http://punaweb.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Punaweb Forums (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Punatalk (http://punaweb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Lilikoi Juice (/showthread.php?tid=9903)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Lilikoi Juice - Royall - 02-12-2012

OK, I have a pt. of lilikoi juice with out the seeds. Nice flavor and a bit tart. I know there are many uses for the juice but don't know how much to use for any one recipe. How much if you just want to make a lilikoi drink? How much for a topping or frosting? Or a lilikoi Margarita?[:p] I guess what I'm looking for is to know how much is too little for a good flavor with out getting the tartness with too much![xx(] Clear as mud??!![Wink]

Royall

Hale O Na Mea Pa`ani

RE: Lilikoi Juice - opihikao - 02-12-2012

Lucky! I've used my Tutu's recipes forever! Lilikoi Jelly is great:

1 cup lilikoi juice
1 cup water
2 cups sugar (*No pectin in the old days; just reduce and enjoy)

OR... Lilikoi Syrup (Reduce above to 1 cup sugar)

Can be used for: pitcher or glass of juice (to taste), pancakes or waffles, in your cocktails (2 Tbs. per serving)),

Icing for cakes, breads, or donuts:

2 cups powdered sugar
2 Tbs. (pure) lilikoi juice

OK, it's terrific in a vinagrette dressing, and I also use it mixed with BBQ sauce on chicken or ribs...I'm so jealous you have some "liquid gold"!

Oh, and if you have a lemon bar recipe, substitute the lilikoi juice for the lemon juice...OMG...Makes me think of the key lime pie I made using lilikoi juice instead of lime juice, and lilikoi butter made like the old English style lemon butter recipe....just saying...Enjoy! [:p]

RE: Lilikoi Juice - Carey - 02-12-2012

Royal, for our lilikoi lemonade, one yogurt cup (that it what we normally freeze the juice in; ~6oz juice) goes into the 2 gal of lemonade....soooo
can't really tell you how much for a drink... but you do need sugar (like lemonade) to make it into a yummy drink.

I normally would use a tablespoon or two (~ an ice cube) in things like baked beans, bbq sauce, ham glaze, mahi mahi, chicken & such

Making up the syrup (opihikao's recipe) is good for adding to water for a drink, to papaya for that margarita slushy we make (ling hing mui on the rim!), shave ice & such

RE: Lilikoi Juice - Midnight Rambler - 02-12-2012

Lilikoi cheesecake is fantastic!

3 sticks of cream cheese, 8 oz each (total of 24 oz) room temperature
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup passion fruit puree

Combine cream cheese and sugar in the bowl of a stand-mixer (or in a large bowl if using a hand-mixer) and cream together until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, fully incorporating each before adding the next. Make sure to scrape down the bowl in between each egg. Add sour cream, vanilla and lilikoi puree and blend until smooth and creamy.

RE: Lilikoi Juice - Kelena - 02-12-2012

Lilikoi margaritas are great. Once you get syrup (as outlined above), you can make them.

4 oz sweet and sour cocktail mix
4 oz tequila
2 oz triple sec
2 oz passion fruit syrup

Throw everything in to a blender, and throw in some ice. You want to keep adding ice until it is nice and slushy, but not stiff. It's a fine line. When I have my party, I will make one for you.

RE: Lilikoi Juice - opihikao - 02-13-2012

MidnightRambler: Many thanks for this cheesecake recipe! Tonight for dinner...lol. You all have such great ideas...Mahalo.

RE: Lilikoi Juice - Frankie Stapleton - 02-13-2012

If you like cream cheese on crackers or bagels, the like, mix a coupla tablespoons of sweetened lilikoi puree into a tub of cream cheese....addicting!

RE: Lilikoi Juice - Royall - 02-26-2012

Just wanted to say thanks for the great recipes! Got them saved in a file for later enjoyment! Sorry it took so long to do this.... my bad!

Royall

Hale O Na Mea Pa`ani

RE: Lilikoi Juice - DoryGray - 02-28-2012

The Easiest Ever Lilikoi Mousse -- 2 C. condensed milk, 2 C. whipped cream, 1.5 C. Lilikoi juice. Put in blender for 2-3 min. Pour into rectangular glass pan. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Decorate w/ Lilikoi pulp & seeds.

RE: Lilikoi Juice - james weatherford - 02-28-2012

just add fresh squeezed cane juice ... mmmm