Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Apologies
Rob, my apologies. I signed up as a member when you started this site but I didn't participate much. As the time went by I was told this site was really terrible and the home of the "outlaws." I didn't come back for years but I see now what a big mistake that was. This site is actually more civilized than many others I know of and the "outlaws" are really a friendly group of helping people.

John S. Rabi, ABR,CM,CRB,FHS,PB,RB
Typically Tropical Properties, LLC
75-5870 Walua Road, Suite 101
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
(808)327-3185
This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: http://www.nsm88.org/aboutus.html

Well John I see no need to apologize but I appreciate the sentiment. We did get a little tired here in Puna in having everywhere else try to "define" Puna. Here in Puna we know there are rough edges but things were not, and are not, as bad a people might say.

Punaweb is our attempt to define ourselves. We will be what we are here and that will likely be taken many ways by many people. For my part, as moderator, I want to let people be themselves and let the forum (mostly) be self adjusting or correcting.

2006 is off to a good start. Best wishes to all.

Chairman, Punaweb Committee, MSPA
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Truth is, John, you have popped back in at a GREAT time. Last year a few of us got together and determined to get things active and supportive f9r all us new Punatics and this is the site we chose. NO regrets. Rob has been very realistic and things are good. It's okay to have a sense of humor here. If someone gets really upset over something legitimate we get it worked out ourselves 99% of the time. We are not overmoderated but neither is this a page for
"pissing contests"... excuse the language but I can't think of a better statement. It's okay to not be politically correct here as long as one is not on the personal attack. Nice huh?

By the way, how is that Tongan with the baseball bat? I've got a maybe job for him.... (Just kidding).

Pam Lamont

Just another day in P A R A D I S E !!
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
Mr. Rabi,
John,

Welcome back. I have been lurking here for a couple of 3 years. I've made 1 or 2 posts, been slammed once or twice.

The folks on this forum, for the most part, seem down to earth and full of aloha. From my observations, and it's only MY observations; this forum and the Hilo-Web forum are full of folks who want to help and provide good info. Personally, I haven't been to the "dry side" forum in quite some time because of the opinions and attitudes I noticed there. They just weren't my cup of tea.

So, again; welcome back! Being an "outlaw" ain't so bad!

RB Byrd
Flower Mound, TX

RB Byrd
Flower Mound, TX
RB Byrd
Flower Mound, TX
Good to see all you "old" folks back. Smile

RB, did you ever get that mowing done? Have to admnit, since I moved, my bush hogging is at the hrs/acre rate. Sad

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident
Hey John,

Nice to see you here. As I too have not posted here in a long time. We need to support good forums as this one!

Hey John very happy to follow you to the dark side. You helped me locate a jeep a few months back on the other site. I didn't take it but thanks for the hand. We will be moving to HB in April and just can't wait.
Thanks for your help Kajunascott

quote:
Good to see all you "old" folks back. Smile

RB, did you ever get that mowing done? Have to admnit, since I moved, my bush hogging is at the hrs/acre rate. Sad

David

Ninole Resident

Hi David.

Found an old aquaintance from when I lived in Honolulu who now lives in HPP. He cleared off about half of it and is now maintaining that. Initial cost was about a grand and I'm paying him $100 a month. Not too bad, I guess.

I've got a lot of concerns about the coquis, now.

Aloha.

RB Byrd
Flower Mound, TX
RB Byrd
Flower Mound, TX