Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are there other “sacred” mountains in the world
old croc

"Even at my age, I agree with randomq's opinion of the Mons Veneris."

And old Croc ,

I agree with randomq's first sentence!

"I think the real issue is the government here is incompetent and self-serving ...."

OF COURSE it bloody is......you must have your head stuck in the sand not to see this.

It is immensely unfortunate that the stand by the indigenous people currently hampers the growth of our local Astronomical community .
No doubt this community is receiving the brunt, they are the hostages in this point of time.
Equally, no doubt our government is self serving. EVERYTHING about our current situation points back to the State shirking it's duty to the Hawaiians and the rest of us.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Matt Karma,
"Where were you when *we* were getting high" ...

This period of my time would be the 70's...leaving the nest of the windward side of Oahu...moving to the west, hippy, enjoying the lifestyle of surfing, beach get togethers guitars,ukes, sunsets, working for the Waianae schools and getting "an education" by the locals. Interested in Ben Finney and what he was trying to accomplish.....demoralized by the hatred so many locals there felt towards the Haole. Watching my step at certain beaches.

I don't want that feeling here.
The answer for us all is not to sweep all wrongs under the State proverbial rug. The Hawaiians have a valid point, and if you truly can not see this from their perspective, the State Government will use us all for their advantage...and WE will be the losers.
the State shirking it's duty to the Hawaiians and the rest of us.

State doesn't have to care, so they don't. What we gonna do, drive to the next state?

I always have the impression when I visit State & County offices, that workers there consider shirking a part of their job description. It’s like vacation days, but scattered intermittently throughout the regular work day.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

State doesn't have to care, so they don't. What we gonna do, drive to the next state?

Move to another state? Hell No,,,Vote the bums Out!
quote:
Originally posted by HereOnThePrimalEdge

I always have the impression when I visit State & County offices, that workers there consider shirking a part of their job description. It’s like vacation days, but scattered intermittently throughout the regular work day.

So tell me...how long have you been afflicted?
Vote the bums Out!

Our votes don't really count, is the problem.
So tell me...how long have you been afflicted?

I wouldn’t call it an affliction.
It’s more like a low grade congenital rash that flares up slightly when I mail them money for car licenses, quarterly excise tax, quarterly state estimated, and semiannual real estate taxes. As long as they leave me alone in between I’ve learned to live with it. It’s also better than being a serf, peasant, servant, tribesman or most other opportunities available for the average citizen over the last 10,000 years.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
As long as they leave me alone in between

This is exactly my problem with the status quo: "they" reserve the right to suddenly enforce arbitrary rules at whim, without reason or warning.

If I could be sure they would leave me alone, I wouldn't mind the "limited return on investment" received for my tax dollars.
simple...

sa·cred

sacred

connected with God (or the gods) or dedicated to a religious purpose and so deserving veneration....

fyi, there is no such thing as a god....

aloha

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
Bandini Mountain in Commerce, California. Another sacred mountain with striking parallels. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afSKGTxm_ZA