Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jobs?
Yes Bar King is in Orchidland. She'd have a short commute.

Have you thought about putting her through the CNA certification class? Lots of job opportunities with benefits in the health care industry. And with the higher wage of a licensed profession, the payback on the tuition is really fast. We did that for our daughter before we sent her off to college. The class is just a few months a few times per week (if I remember correctly). She makes a living wage working PT while going to college, while her friends are making barely above minimum wage or waiting tables etc. She might qualify for grants for the tuition.

My daughter has found a job in Hilo! She provides care for for people that are disabled in some way. She has been doing training, which is paid. She will pick up one gent from where he lives, and will provide transportation, and take him places for each of the three eight hour days she is with him. She may take him to one of the many parks in Hilo, to the mall or the zoo, etc, etc. Places that he enjoys. She also will work with a lady that is blind, has a job, but needs someone one day a week for eight hours. She is a single mom, so we (the grand parents) will be helping out with our grand daughter. Our daughter hasn't got her first paycheck yet, but soon....

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Congratulations to your daughter. Smile
Great news!
Thanks for the update, good news.
Good for her! And it's nice that she will be helping others with her work.

Yes, she can be proud of this job. She is helping people in need. I give her a lot of credit. She started and ran a small day care business, and ran it for about 3 years or more. It was just too up and down. She got very discouraged looking for work after she closed down the day care. Now she's dealing with the Ainaloa to Hilo morning traffic. But, at least she will be able to buy stuff and pay the rent.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
She could look into running a pet day care. Fewer restrictions (I would guess) and there seems to be no limit to how much people will spend on their precious pets.