Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cell Phones?
Aloha All:
Can anyone tell me what cell phone company has the best coverage in the lower section of Hawaiian Beaches? Say, lower then Moana St. I’d really like to get my account and number before we move so I can give it to those left behind.
Cingular has great plans and I understand that they are building a new tower in Pahoa. Is this true?
Your help is appreciated.
Kahunascott

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
I have Cingular, and the coverage is in general pretty good. However....lower Puna is a different story. Very spotty reception down in lower Hawaiian Beaches, and from what I hear others besides Cingular get basically no reception in lower Hawaiian Beaches. I'm sure that, like everything else, it's just a matter of time before more cell towers are built, but things don't move so fast here, so don't hold your breath...
Aloha,
Mark

Hi Guys

A few days ago I recieved a called from Hawaiian Acres to our mainland home in Maine. The quality of the call was very impressive and I think would have been better if I had turned the volume down on my landline phone. The person calling was using Cingular. FYI

HADave

Aloha HADave & Mz P

Hawaiian Acres

The best things in life are free.... or have no interest or payments for one full year.

The wife and I are both on Verizon. Both get service about midway down Hawaiian Beaches. I have a bit better phone so I seem to get an additional bar. If you think you might want to go with Verizon, let me know and I'll drive down there and call you.

Thanks to all. I was thinking about using the cell phone (Family Plan) for a house phone to. I guess it's best to go with VOIP like Vonage or Pack 8.
Your thoughts please.
Kanunascott

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....