Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
over $3M
The Ethics Board didn’t address the conflict of interest issue, but agreed to submit a letter to the County Council reminding the legislative body that the county charter requires disclosure up front and recusal from voting if there’s a potential conflict between public and personal business. Kierkiewicz and petitioner Cory Harden said council leadership didn’t clearly advise the freshman member on her ethics question.

link - https://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/201...-conflict/

So, I did not say "Ashley is unblemished" nor will I vote for her again if she squanders her opportunities to redeem herself...

eta...name calling is not useful
quote:
Originally posted by Chunkster

Ashley Kierkiewicz is a prime example of one of those times I voted hoping for reform and got a pandering weasel instead.

Pandering weasels are the only ones willing to lie sufficiently shamelessly to get elected.

Today's feckless voters much prefer comforting lies to difficult truths - how do you think Harry got elected three times??? And they are getting the government that they deserve.

Another sad reality is that anyone stupid enough to want to take on the sh*t-show that is our State and County government isn't smart enough to accomplish anything in the way of fixing it.
Taking the long view: Ruggles demonstrated a sort of integrity by refusing to participate. Most elected officals merely "go along to get along".
The state is effectively a one-party state, but there are other parties. But since this well-oiled machine is working so well... if it ain't broken, don't fix it!