Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lava Viewing
a creative yes is an idea I would support.

In is in the COH's best financial interest to keep everyone back. The privacy of residents out there are just a cover, IMHO.

I was going to respond to Carey's remark but I will take it over to the building forum where it is more appropriate.
How do you make a fixed path to a flow that keeps changing in unpredictable ways?

Visitors who can figure out to come to Kalapana should be able to find online information before they make a fruitless trip. USGS site now states the area is private and open to residents only, for example.
Has anyone been to the veiwing area lately? Here is what USGS states:

Kalapana Gardens is a private subdivision and access will only be granted to subdivision residents. Private property borders highway 130 through Kalapana and no one is allowed access off the highway easement. Hawai`i County Police will be monitoring the area. Hawai`i County Viewing Area status can be found at 961-8093

I called the number and the recorder says that the Kalapana viewing area is open. Is that the same veiwing area that they had before the lava changed paths?
I changed the heading of this thread as the viewing area is now open again. Leigh Hilbert provides daily updates, great photos, and Civil Defense contact information on his blog here.
Mahalo Greg.